• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N hood vents

Cygnus X-1

Well, true vents will require cutting the hood and insulation. If you’re not comfortable with that, you’ll have to wait for a vented hood to be released. I’m sure someone will come out with a CF vented hood at some point.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

I want vents my i30N, but I live in the UK... it rains a lot here lol
My area has been getting unusual amounts of rain the past few years. But I had a vented hood on my one civic and that vents were positioned directly above the alternator and dizzy and I never had a problem. Other than the engine constantly getting dirty. I’m sure with the way these modern electronics are you wouldn’t have issues

but seriously, i already bought mine and im realy considering placing them or not.
mainly cause i dont really get it with tha water.. it just flows on your engine, that isnt so bad or..?

The mitsubitchi's all have this problem and its not so bad i supose?

if someone has some opinion?

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

but seriously, i already bought mine and im realy considering placing them or not.
mainly cause i dont really get it with tha water.. it just flows on your engine, that isnt so bad or..?

I honestly think you’ll be fine as long as your not sucking up significant amounts of water you shouldnt have an issue. All your going to have to deal with is more dirt and water spots under the hood. And a simple detail will take care of that.

My EvoX had hood vents and I never had any problem. However, they were properly designed vents so I have no idea how well aftermarket vents would work.

R Veloster N

Water is not an issue when using hood vents except for fastener corrosion. Velox (previously Verus) has a bunch of different vents for other platforms that would work.
Corrosion is always a problem with penetration points. Especially when cutting holes in the hood. It's not a good thing for your corrosion/perforation side of the Hyundai warranty either.;) Next to the engine, body repair is the most expensive cost with the vehicle.

R Veloster N

I'd like to see the underside of the hood. I'm wondering how it's braced and the actual mounting points. They don't show it on their website.

seibon.jpg

Last edited: