• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Veloster N aftermarket suspension

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018

Found this scrolling through Instagram this morning. Looks like neotech has already developed a coilover system that works with the factory adjustable N modes. Don’t really have much information other than the post but would love to know the price and reviews. If it’s even available for the market yet. Im curious what the future holds for the VN suspension. I’m curious if companies will design coil overs that are adjustable with the N modes or just run regular static options.

Last edited:
I'm really not looking forward to the price tag on those factory mode compatible coilovers... Likely will need to sell off a few organs/limbs to pay for them.

The pillowball bushing replacements are cool to see and should help immensely with handling feel over the OEM rubbers. Only issue is for people like me that daily drive their cars in the salt belt, the spherical bearings will wear out very quickly.

Time to move somewhere warm!

Reactions: R Veloster N
It is not compatible with the factory ECS. Moreover, it is not an electronically controlled damper in the first place, so dumbed-down compatibility is also out of question (something like KW DDC). All adjustments have to be made in old fashioned way and pretty much all they can do is not giving you an ECS-related error (you'd get this error if you just disconnect the stock connector and leave it like that). The coilover is priced at $2k, pillow balls $1.3k.

Will there be fully compatible coilovers (i.e. not just the mapping out the button with its preset)? I think that would require Continental/BWI(Delphi) level of R&D and both of them don't do performance-oriented aftermarket coilovers. Just mapping out the button with its own preset might be something doable for Bilstein or KW or similar. I have no hope for any Korean companies in this regard (not just the electronic part but also the coilover part).

It is not compatible with the factory ECS. Moreover, it is not an electronically controlled damper in the first place, so dumbed-down compatibility is also out of question (something like KW DDC). All adjustments have to be made in old fashioned way and pretty much all they can do is not giving you an ECS-related error (you'd get this error if you just disconnect the stock connector and leave it like that). The coilover is priced at $2k, pillow balls $1.3k.

Will there be fully compatible coilovers (i.e. not just the mapping out the button with its preset)? I think that would require Continental/BWI(Delphi) level of R&D and both of them don't do performance-oriented aftermarket coilovers. Just mapping out the button with its own preset might be something doable for Bilstein or KW or similar. I have no hope for any Korean companies in this regard (not just the electronic part but also the coilover part).

Well Tein has a similar system with their EDFC coilover systems but all that really is, is a small motor on each coilover adjuster that turns the rebound knobs for you. Not magnetic adjustability like the OEM dampers... Like you said it would take massive amounts of R&D to produce something similar to the stock dampers.

From what I've heard from a few people who track their Ns you don't really need to change the stock dampers, just throw some good springs on them if anything. Unless of course you're going for some type of competition/series for which the car will be dedicated to track driving and you don't need to worry about how it feels on the street. I'll put that to the test later this year and see if they're right.

It would be great to have some adjustable camber plates for the front that mate up to the OEM shocks :confused:

Same goes for the KW DDC system and the only difference between those two is, the KW DDC allows you to make an adjustment on damper settings with factory buttons/screens and smartphones, while the TEIN's system gives you the ability of adjustment only via its own control unit.

As for the stock dampers, I would say it's okay or acceptable on tracks. So there is not much of a reason to change it if you track once a quarter or less, just like the brake caliper. However, it's still far from the best or great, so if you track once a week or similar, you would benefit from quality coilovers (not just on tracks but also on public roads at the expanse of easiness of adjustments), just like the brake caliper (which could give you better modulation, thicker or better performing pad options, etc). I fall to the latter end of spectrum but haven't changed both because I mostly track my other cars and there is no quality coilover manufacturers in Korea.

There is a simple non-adjustable type camber plate built for OEM shocks (I have one but haven't installed it yet), and there is no adjustable camber plates yet at least not that I know of (but it can be built in a custom build fashion).

There is a simple non-adjustable type camber plate built for OEM shocks (I have one but haven't installed it yet), and there is no adjustable camber plates yet at least not that I know of (but it can be built in a custom build fashion).

Link to these fixed mounts?

Also does anyone know what happens if you just drive with the ECS error on in this car? On my Golf R it would lock the traction control on so DCC deletes were a must. Cost me a time attack final when one of the KW deletes failed.

Link to these fixed mounts?

Also does anyone know what happens if you just drive with the ECS error on in this car? On my Golf R it would lock the traction control on so DCC deletes were a must. Cost me a time attack final when one of the KW deletes failed.

I currently have a suspension error warning on my dash due to a failed ABS/G-sensor (same part for both functions). Nothing else is adversely affected as far as I can tell, the ECS still works as it did before and it doesn't seem to handle any worse, just have a light on my dash is all.

Can't wait for that replacement sensor to get in though, I HATE having warning lights on lol.

Reactions: Pound
I currently have a suspension error warning on my dash due to a failed ABS/G-sensor (same part for both functions). Nothing else is adversely affected as far as I can tell, the ECS still works as it did before and it doesn't seem to handle any worse, just have a light on my dash is all.

Can't wait for that replacement sensor to get in though, I HATE having warning lights on lol.
Perfect thank you. At least if one fails it'll be ok. Cheers