• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out out the i30 N Bible Here!

Used Cars NI I30N Review

sandervdw

The 4WD version is also rumoured to have 300hp (which the current engine can also offer).

I don't really read many good and honest reviews though. It seems like all reviews are either extremely positive or negative (this being a positive one). There are very few reviews which really highlight positives and negatives. Eg. this review doesn't mention anything about the fact that the interior should have been much more flamboyant. I think it's also strange that every review mentions the seats. They do sit very good, but I guess they like the recaro's in most cars better?

paul-h

Staff member
The 4WD version is also rumoured to have 300hp (which the current engine can also offer).

I don't really read many good and honest reviews though. It seems like all reviews are either extremely positive or negative (this being a positive one). There are very few reviews which really highlight positives and negatives. Eg. this review doesn't mention anything about the fact that the interior should have been much more flamboyant. I think it's also strange that every review mentions the seats. They do sit very good, but I guess they like the recaro's in most cars better?

RE seats, I do prefer my current Recaros in the Fiesta to the N seats but I'll get used to them. I wouldn't mind at all if they commented on the interior being "not as good as the Golf" because I'm not paying golf money, in fact spec for spec I'm paying far less...

I think the problem is, some reviewers are stuck in their ways and there is a bit of brand snobbery in there too. Shame really but when it comes to it, if you test drive the car you'll soon realise just what it is!

sandervdw

RE seats, I do prefer my current Recaros in the Fiesta to the N seats but I'll get used to them. I wouldn't mind at all if they commented on the interior being "not as good as the Golf" because I'm not paying golf money, in fact spec for spec I'm paying far less...

I think the problem is, some reviewers are stuck in their ways and there is a bit of brand snobbery in there too. Shame really but when it comes to it, if you test drive the car you'll soon realise just what it is!
I've done a test drive (would never have bought a hot hatch without testdrive) and it is amazing to drive. Which is by far the most important to me.
But I think, as a reviewer, you should also mention that the interior quality is not yet on a premium level. This is normal, I pay much less for this car and I know all the mechanical upgrades they've done to it.

But it really feels like you either get Honda/VW snobbery or the complete opposite where they only seem to focus on how good the i30n drives.

Wondering if their 4wd system will be Ford-like or VW-like. It would become a very interesting car with a 4wd like Ford's. Makes me kinda not wanting to buy it now and rather wait for the 4wd version.

Crocoman

Wondering if their 4wd system will be Ford-like or VW-like. It would become a very interesting car with a 4wd like Ford's. Makes me kinda not wanting to buy it now and rather wait for the 4wd version.
You will never find fulfilment now, if you keep looking over the horizon.....