• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

USB Hub

Yes, you can but if you use Google Auto and usb music from a stick in your hub, the phone doesnt charge the battery.
Regards

Reactions: rhodzy
I've tried a 4 port hub before and it hasn't worked :( I want to be able to listen to my music from a usb stick and also use Android Auto at the same time.

I've tried a 4 port hub before and it hasn't worked :( I want to be able to listen to my music from a usb stick and also use Android Auto at the same time.
Thats not possible. You can listen to music and charge a phone. But thats not because of the Hub, Thats because of the radios firm-/ software.

Thats not possible. You can listen to music and charge a phone. But thats not because of the Hub, Thats because of the radios firm-/ software.
Thought that may be the case, just some wishful thinking. It's annoying not to be able to listen to usb music and use Google map on the system.

Since you have already your phone connected, why not just dump your audio files on your phone?
Most of the time I only need to listen to music without needing to use google map, but mainly it's a pain having to plug and unplug the phone whenever you get in and out of the car (which also includes opening and closing the music app)

Or making Apple Car Play / Android Auto available by bluetooth / wlan. Then there would also be a sense for the Qi induction charging station:rolleyes:
I am not sure that Bluetooth, even 5.0 has sufficient bandwidth ACP/AA...
As mentioned elsewhere - AA has plans for future wireless support, question is, will it be possible with a software/fimware upgrade to make i30N unit compatible.

I would not mind having 2 usb ports, maybe one with higher power output, so you don't need a 12 v usb charger to actually charge a device reasonably fast.

I am not sure that Bluetooth, even 5.0 has sufficient bandwidth ACP/AA...
As mentioned elsewhere - AA has plans for future wireless support, question is, will it be possible with a software/fimware upgrade to make i30N unit compatible.

I would not mind having 2 usb ports, maybe one with higher power output, so you don't need a 12 v usb charger to actually charge a device reasonably fast.

There is wireless CarPlay already in the new bmw models, so it’s not a problem with bandwidth but more with power, so you have to plug in your phone eitherway.