• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Upcoming buyer needs advice plzz.

Samsondk

Jul 4, 2019
Danmark
Hello everybody

So the Awsome i30n performance
Has blown me away and all My b ad toughts about Hyundais are Gone!

Looking to buy one in a couple of days
Depending on your answer

The thing is that right now im drivning a Fiesta ST 180 hp and it served me good for some years but now it needs to be replaced
And the only thing holding me back is an expirience i had a Few years back... Bougt a Astra j vxr 2013 model.. And the fuel cost for this thing was insane Even in normal drivning to work.. I swallowed fuel like a v8
So i had to return it to the dealer
It was simply to much for me to handle
The engine was also a 2L turbo with 400 newton and 280hp and very heavy 20inch wheels...

Im aware of that the hyundai will be a bit more thirsty than ny fiesta is but how bad is it realy and Who better to ask than the people that owns Them...
The car is for plessure yes... But also for work everyday.... Thanks in advance

Put about 2500km on the car so far.

Normal on the Autobahn is 8-9l/100km (Forget using eco mode, not worth it.)
N/N-Custom on B Roads is 11.5-13l/100km
Average is 9.6 and 500-550km on a (full) tank.

I drive 150+km a day. The car is too much fun for me to care about spending 350 Euros on gas a month.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Thats not bad at all

I get aorund 630 km on a full tank ik the fiesta mix drivning.. Average about 6,2/100

And only do 80 km a Day

I'm in the break-in phase. I have gone down 500Km so far and not turned over 3000 rpm and I am around 9.5 litres. Most of the time country roads and cities, as good as no highway.

Shy of 20,000km and my historical average is 9.8L/100km

Can get 7-8L/100km on the highway and 12-13+ when going for a spirited drive.

I am 25 and this car gets driven hard almost daily, drive 500-600kms a week for work.

Only ever ran on 98 - Hope this helps.

I rented this car for a week and showed it to all my family. Let's say it was driven to it's full potencial but I wasn't doing anything stupid. Just frequent fast accelerating.

Result was 12,5L/100 km after 1200km. Most of the distance was done on highways so there wasn't really a space to lower the consumption drastically. On highways I was doing 160-180km/h

I can say that this car drank a lot but then again, you need consider how it was driven.

I drove infinity g37s one. 3.5L V6 with 300 bhp. Result was 13 on highway and 16 in the city without driving really hard. Hyundai offer much more for every liter burned

I rented this car for a week and showed it to all my family. Let's say it was driven to it's full potencial but I wasn't doing anything stupid. Just frequent fast accelerating.

Result was 12,5L/100 km after 1200km. Most of the distance was done on highways so there wasn't really a space to lower the consumption drastically. On highways I was doing 160-180km/h

I can say that this car drank a lot but then again, you need consider how it was driven.

I drove infinity g37s one. 3.5L V6 with 300 bhp. Result was 13 on highway and 16 in the city without driving really hard. Hyundai offer much more for every liter burned
As they say there are only two kinds of car that can handle off road or abuse, a four by four and a hire car ha! ha!

Well I didn’t drive to break it. I drove exactly like I would my own but I had to have fun and test the car in this period. :)

Reactions: pillred
IMG_20191116_130547_compress20.jpg
I hope this helps. This was from full to empty with quite a bit of spirited driving, mostly in freezing temps. You should be able to get the average down to 8-9L after the run-in period, as soon as the oil/water are up to temp.

Done 1700 miles in mine and I'm averaging 30.5 MPG. That consist of around 80% town driving the rest motorways. I don't drive it hard very often, a blast here and there. I'm quite happy with the MPG I've been getting, considering the performance and weight it's not bad at all. Keep in mind mine is the (250ps). Hope this helps!

Done 1700 miles in mine and I'm averaging 30.5 MPG. That consist of around 80% town driving the rest motorways. I don't drive it hard very often, a blast here and there. I'm quite happy with the MPG I've been getting, considering the performance and weight it's not bad at all. Keep in mind mine is the (250ps). Hope this helps!
That's about right, it is possible to get better by driving the car in a way it was never intended to be driven but where's the fun in that, if you are enjoying the car and getting late twenties low thirties that's a good compromise, we all have the devil in us sometimes and that's what the car was built for. I think if you obsess about MPG you have bought the wrong car, the beauty of the N cars is they can be economical when you're feeling that way.

Reactions: iiNNEX
The kms shown on the dash for a full tank are a load of cr*p, totally inaccurate (i know it is normal to be like that but misleads a more distracted person). You can see by doing some math, take the km when you start, know the kms you will going to drive and see if the number on the dash match your calculation at the end. It wont. Thinking "i have 500km on a full tank, i do 100km a day, so t will last me 5 days"....IS WRONG!!!! Depending on your driving ferocity it can deviate up to 20+ km, and i'm being kind.

That's about right, it is possible to get better by driving the car in a way it was never intended to be driven but where's the fun in that, if you are enjoying the car and getting late twenties low thirties that's a good compromise, we all have the devil in us sometimes and that's what the car was built for. I think if you obsess about MPG you have bought the wrong car, the beauty of the N cars is they can be economical when you're feeling that way.

After ale he bough the 250ps model which is jest better looking and raster regular i30. I guess if you are happy with build quality and want engine as powerful as those in premium brands than 250ps does make sense

I went from a Fiesta ST180 to the i30N, the ST was stolen unfortunately. The N is such a step up, will handle as good as the ST, but has the power (and some) of the VXR. I would say its not quite as playful mid corner as my ST was but it will take corners just as well if not better in most cases.
MPG is down a little on the ST, i was getting 38-42 in the ST180, the N is more like 32-36mpg. In almost every aspect the N is a huge step up from the ST180. Tech, toys, looks, power, performance and drivability. The ST180 is a common car, which doesnt turn heads. The N turns heads all the time, often get into conversations with random strangers about the car.

Reactions: GazmaN