• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Unplugged Sound Generator

Invictus321

Jun 23, 2021
Australia
I unplugged the sound generator by slipping an allen key through the grill under the wipers. Absolute sinch to do. Good luck plugging it back in that way though.

It is so much better without it. Does anyone actually like that thing? It was obscuring all the actually nice sounds that the engine makes. There's actually turbo noises! Would never have known with that silly thing barking over the top of it.

It is beyond me how the N division allows such a thing to be installed in their cars. Some gamer at Hyundai who has never driven a car would be behind it, i'd say.

loafer-N77

Staff member
Nthusiast
Feb 4, 2019
UK
Makes a huge difference unplugging it on the i30N as well.

Stupid idea but Hyundai aren't alone with it.

Reactions: GazmaN

Lukian

Nthusiast
Sep 12, 2021
Switzerland
I unplugged the sound generator by slipping an allen key through the grill under the wipers. Absolute sinch to do. Good luck plugging it back in that way though.

It is so much better without it. Does anyone actually like that thing? It was obscuring all the actually nice sounds that the engine makes. There's actually turbo noises! Would never have known with that silly thing barking over the top of it.

It is beyond me how the N division allows such a thing to be installed in their cars. Some gamer at Hyundai who has never driven a car would be behind it, i'd say.
Thanks for the hint. The sound generation is an obnoxious joke.

Toxic

Nthusiast
Oct 22, 2020
UK
Yeah I'm not too keep on the fake generated noise this makes, seems a dumb idea tbh. think I'll be doing the same when I get the car.

Reactions: Lukian

Boxxer

Nthusiast
Jun 23, 2021
Cascais, Portugal

Ah, I always thought we were able to do that :)
But how did you manage to insulate the loose connectors?

Robbyvrs

Sep 14, 2021
Yorkshire
Would the male part of this fit the car's female plug, to seal it up?

Could just put a baloon over it and keep it tight with a cable tie