• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres Uneven wear of tyres

Not on an i30n I'm afraid, these are for struts with a 2 bolt attachment to the hub assy..

I30Ns have the same MacPherson strut setup as our Veloster Ns and many other vehicles who use these same camber bolts with success. My friend's DC5 Integra is running these to help him achieve -4* camber in the front and their suspension setup is exactly the same as ours in the front, with the exception of the steering rack being positioned differently (which doesn't affect the camber adjustments at all).

I also mentioned that a few people have already used them on their Ns with success, such as @RPM8300 and one of his friends as well with the same car. Have you actually tried it yourself or are you just saying what you think will happen?

I30Ns have the same MacPherson strut setup as our Veloster Ns and many other vehicles who use these same camber bolts with success. My friend's DC5 Integra is running these to help him achieve -4* camber in the front and their suspension setup is exactly the same as ours in the front, with the exception of the steering rack being positioned differently (which doesn't affect the camber adjustments at all).

I also mentioned that a few people have already used them on their Ns with success, such as @RPM8300 and one of his friends as well with the same car. Have you actually tried it yourself or are you just saying what you think will happen?
Have you actually looked at a I30N strut? It fits into a huge round hole in the stub axle with NO provision for camber bolts. The workshop manual states that the camber at the front is not adjustable at all.

Have you actually looked at a I30N strut? It fits into a huge round hole in the stub axle with NO provision for camber bolts. The workshop manual states that the camber at the front is not adjustable at all.

Right, I've been a licensed technician for 8 years, worked for Hyundai QA and Warranty for multiple years and I didn't once think to look at the workshop manual or have a look at my own suspension :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about factory adjustments in case you couldn't tell from the multiple posts linking aftermarket parts. I suggest looking up how aftermarket camber bolts work on MacPherson strut suspension.

Last edited:
You inferred from your post that these camber adjustable bolts could be used on I30N suspension and just in case someone ordered some for their own N I wanted to point out that they do not work on the I30N as the front strut does not use the usual two bolt attachment.

You inferred from your post that these camber adjustable bolts could be used on I30N suspension and just in case someone ordered some for their own N I wanted to point out that they do not work on the I30N as the front strut does not use the usual two bolt attachment.

Do you have a picture of the front struts on the i30N? As far as I know it's the exact same setup as the Veloster N, which uses 2 bolts to attach he front struts to the spindle but I could be wrong (in which case that extremely unfortunate for the i30N owners, and I have learned something new). I can't seem to find any good pics of it online.

It just seems odd that they would use a different suspension setup for both cars since they share basically everything else.

Last edited:
I don't have a picture but I noticed it when I had the wheels off. I was surprised as well at that method of attaching the strut to the stub axle. I'm well used to the usual 2 bolt fixing with the upper eccentric adjuster. This is a single clamp bolt around the lower strut body.

Reactions: 1FastStagea
I don't have a picture but I noticed it when I had the wheels off. I was surprised as well at that method of attaching the strut to the stub axle. I'm well used to the usual 2 bolt fixing with the upper eccentric adjuster. This is a single clamp bolt around the lower strut body.

Well damn, sounds like the i30N guys are SOL sadly, until I can get my camber plates for the OEM suspension made at least (assuming they're the same as the Veloster N's top mounts, fingers crossed).

Hey guys, I got an official reply from Hyundai...

thank you for your email regarding your vehicle wheel needing rotating.

The official answer to your question is as follows.

To equalise tyre wear, we would recommend that the wheels are only swapped front to rear and kept on the same side to prevent any issues from directional tyres that may be fitted.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me

... totally useless :rolleyes: ...

Hey guys, I got an official reply from Hyundai... ... totally useless :rolleyes: ...
So the official answer is different to both diagrams in the manual o_O Surely the manual only gives advice for the OEM vehicle configuration and so the issue of directional tyres is not relevant. I have swapped front to rear, and as long as you understand the implications I think that is the most sensible option.