• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels UK pothole killed my alloy

My neighbour two doors down made a claim against Birmingham council for damage to his alloy and tyre on his Honda jazz. Got exactly the same response as you - eventually. I assume it’s their default response/ fob off.
in the end went through his insurance and paid the excess.
they were right they did inspect it and sprayed white paint around numerous potholes but that was 18 months ago. They never completed the repairs because the day after the road closure signs went up the weather worsened and they never came back. I’m guessing the tarmac allocated for the repairs is now on someone’s drive courtesy of a “foreigner” as they say.
OMG! 18 months time.
I tried to understand our Government, but sometimes I lost completely.:oops:

Maybe taking a different route along with personal alertness, are the immediate remedies. This most likely will compensate for any further problems or necessity of personal claims.;) :)

they’re bums :(
Hi Emma, I will attached the response from the council. I felt that they are NOT logical.

They have the inspection on 09/01/2020. My incident was on 27/01/2020.

In their letter, stated clearly that was a defect after my incident. :oops:

Attachments

• 441B8ECA-9737-4158-A64A-009C89A8F94B.jpeg
    441B8ECA-9737-4158-A64A-009C89A8F94B.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 10
Hi Emma, I will attached the response from the council. I felt that they are NOT logical.

Oh so it had been reported before it ruined your alloy? What? That doesn’t make sense?

I’ve just come back from work and it looks like they’ve fixed it (was driving the other way, but form what I could see it looks like new tarmac)

Reactions: Leonard

Typical bureaucracy answer. Didn't negate the damage you had to have repaired, because of their negligence. Didn't negate the expense either, which came out of your own pocket. :confused:

Now, is it worth the expense of acquiring legal assistance and a civil action? No and they know it. Sad they stoop to these measures.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard
Oh so it had been reported before it ruined your alloy? What? That doesn’t make sense?

I’ve just come back from work and it looks like they’ve fixed it (was driving the other way, but form what I could see it looks like new tarmac)
Typical bureaucracy answer. Didn't negate the damage you had to have repaired ,because of their negligence. Didn't negate the expense either, which came out of your own pocket. :confused:

Now, is it worth the expense of acquiring legal assistance and a civil action? No and they know it. Sad they stoop to these measures.:(
I agreed. They are rubbish.
I may make some enquiry after the lockdown...😷