• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

UK Black Friday deals/deposit contributions?

I20N_55

Nov 20, 2021
UK
Hi all,

I'm new here, and after an I20N. Currently drive a Focus ST3 (17), but after watching a lot of reviews and admiring the N series from afar, feeling like its a good time to switch.

Frustratingly I found a deal on my local dealership that included a deposit contribution from both Hyundai and the dealer that was really good value, that apparently is now no longer being offered.

Adding this post here for anyone to share any good deals coming up in the next few weeks. It seems to the demand for the I20N and I30N mean these are probably a little less available as they used to

Cheers

i20nobby

Nthusiast
Aug 1, 2021
UK
Ah nice, what deal did you get in the end (if you dont mind me asking)

Edit: Also , how are you finding the car?
you’re probably not going to get a deal much better than that as the waitlist is well into next year with the demand, unless you’re lucky and get a cancelled order that is

Reactions: I20N_55

AlfaMark

Nov 18, 2021
Loughborough UK
you’re probably not going to get a deal much better than that as the waitlist is well into next year with the demand, unless you’re lucky and get a cancelled order that is
So I am paying £24,444 On the road, for one with 2 extras Performance Blue (£550) and Black Roof (£500) as well as Mats and £20 of fuel. No trade in. That’s a saving of £1686 on list.

I ordered it last weekend, so I have to wait until the end of Jan. Only driven one on test so far. LSD works!

I could have had one a month sooner if I was to have Bose upgrade instead of Black Roof, but I was not interested in that.

Not sure if that is the best deal out there, but I am happy with it and that is a lot of car and performance for the money.

Using Carwow takes all the agro out if negotiation in my experience having done it twice now.

Hope that helps.

I20N_55

Nov 20, 2021
UK
So I am paying £24,444 On the road, for one with 2 extras Performance Blue (£550) and Black Roof (£500) as well as Mats and £20 of fuel. No trade in. That’s a saving of £1686 on list.

I ordered it last weekend, so I have to wait until the end of Jan. Only driven one on test so far. LSD works!

I could have had one a month sooner if I was to have Bose upgrade instead of Black Roof, but I was not interested in that.

Not sure if that is the best deal out there, but I am happy with it and that is a lot of car and performance for the money.

Using Carwow takes all the agro out if negotiation in my experience having done it twice now.

Hope that helps.
I heard the same about the Bose/black roof. Speaking with the dealer on Tuesday to see what I can do.

Reactions: AlfaMark

NTastic!

Nthusiast
Oct 19, 2021
UK
If I were you I would take any deal you can while they are still offering any as the i20n's are selling like hot cakes! Unfortunately I very much doubt you'll get anywhere by haggling for any further discounts. If you like it, take the discount and get one ordered as there won't be any special black Friday deals on an i20n.

Reactions: i20nobby

I20N_55

Nov 20, 2021
UK
If I were you I would take any deal you can while they are still offering any as the i20n's are selling like hot cakes! Unfortunately I very much doubt you'll get anywhere by haggling for any further discounts. If you like it, take the discount and get one ordered as there won't be any special black Friday deals on an i20n.
Hmm, I get your point, but to me there should always be some room for negotiation, and I'm not one to jump in and buy because demand is high. I accept the risk I might miss out, and I suppose Hyundai in their stance accept the risk I go elsewhere, which is fair enough too

Reactions: NCurious

NCurious

Nthusiast
Nov 9, 2021
UK
If I were you I would take any deal you can while they are still offering any as the i20n's are selling like hot cakes! Unfortunately I very much doubt you'll get anywhere by haggling for any further discounts.
Must admit but that's the last thing I'd do. Any 'deal', wrapping roofs, compromising what one would really want? Stuff if I'd be licking a dealer up and down for scraps they throw under the table. They are selling like 'hot cakes' as there is not many being made. Same for would be owners of literally any car at the moment.
If folk own their current car, and it's not on some finance thing, just kick back, wait until the storm is over and the 'deals' will return for cars with specs/colours they actually want. And in addition, given time you'll get pre reggers with delivery miles on them for £thousands less. Just need to wait it out.

Reactions: I20N_55

NCurious

Nthusiast
Nov 9, 2021
UK
I'm not one to jump in and buy because demand is high. I accept the risk I might miss out, and I suppose Hyundai in their stance accept the risk I go elsewhere, which is fair enough too
You won't miss out if you simply don't buy a car in maybe the worst time in living memory to buy a car.
An i20 N isn't like a house- in which there is only one on the planet in exactly the same spot. There will be shed loads of i20 Ns avaliable to buy when the chip storm is over.
Personally I fancy one now, but there's no chance if I'm paying list- or over list for 1/2 year waits, or being a sucker who'll pay MORE for one with an owner on the VC5 already.
I reckon eventually you'll see delivery miles pre reg i20 Ns on Autotrader for circa £21K eventually. I got my ND Mx-5 for £6K (!!!) less by just biding time a few years ago.

I20N_55

Nov 20, 2021
UK
You won't miss out if you simply don't buy a car in maybe the worst time in living memory to buy a car.
An i20 N isn't like a house- in which there is only one on the planet in exactly the same spot. There will be shed loads of i20 Ns avaliable to buy when the chip storm is over.
Personally I fancy one now, but there's no chance if I'm paying list- or over list for 1/2 year waits, or being a sucker who'll pay MORE for one with an owner on the VC5 already.
I reckon eventually you'll see delivery miles pre reg i20 Ns on Autotrader for circa £21K eventually. I got my ND Mx-5 for £6K (!!!) less by just biding time a few years ago.
Spot on - quite happy with my Focus ST at the moment so will wait it out if needed

Reactions: NCurious