• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

UK Aftermarket exhaust anyone?

Anyone have either the Remus or Milltek GPF back exhausts? Looking for owners opinions on them. If anyone has one fitted in the Manchester area I’d love to hear it in person.

All the best,

Sean

iiNNEX

The stock one isnt loud enough for you? :D
Stock sound is fine, although much better pre-GPF filter.

That said the tips are ugly, so a "gpf-back" system is quite a nice upgrade.

I am in the same boat OP, but before I commit I want to hear one in person. If anything I'd like a little more burbles and deeper tone at lower revs.

Would love to delete the GPF but not sure if it’s passive (heard a few people say that) or if it’ll need mapping out. If a GPF back system adds a deeper tone and more burbles it would be ideal.

Remus UK said they hope to have a sound file soon as the exhaust is currently in development with Hyundai. Take that as you will but I’m hoping that it may be an approved accessory eventually!

iiNNEX

Would love to delete the GPF but not sure if it’s passive (heard a few people say that) or if it’ll need mapping out. If a GPF back system adds a deeper tone and more burbles it would be ideal.

Remus UK said they hope to have a sound file soon as the exhaust is currently in development with Hyundai. Take that as you will but I’m hoping that it may be an approved accessory eventually!
The GPF in this car needs mapping out, and there are plenty of GPF delete pipes for sale from both Remus and Milltek. The remap is my only worry...

The GPF in this car needs mapping out, and there are plenty of GPF delete pipes for sale from both Remus and Milltek. The remap is my only worry...
The remap is what puts me off also, a lad on Instagram sent me a video of the GPF back system and it sounds awesome! Lovely deep burble sound and the bangs are way louder! Once they make the announcement I’m ordering!

iiNNEX

The remap is what puts me off also, a lad on Instagram sent me a video of the GPF back system and it sounds awesome! Lovely deep burble sound and the bangs are way louder! Once they make the announcement I’m ordering!
Can you share the video mate, I'd love to see as I will be ordering too.

I am not too bothered about the warranty on the exhaust, as you can always keep the OEM one and swap back if needed (since no map is required for a GPF-Back), it's more for the GPF delete. I want it gone but killing the 5 year warranty on the engine for the sake of a pipe is a bit hard to swallow. Especially when I don't even want more power out of it, just crisper, deeper sound which we all know from those pre-GPF review videos :)

Have you got Instagram? I can forward you the guys video on his account.

I’m in the same boat though, the removal of the GPF and subsequent remap isn’t worth losing the five year warranty on the engine. The Remus definitely makes the note sound less stifled but I can only imagine what it would sound like without the GPF too.

iiNNEX

Have you got Instagram? I can forward you the guys video on his account.

I’m in the same boat though, the removal of the GPF and subsequent remap isn’t worth losing the five year warranty on the engine. The Remus definitely makes the note sound less stifled but I can only imagine what it would sound like without the GPF too.
Yes mate I do, I've PM'd you.

All I keep getting from people in the know is that it’s due any day now.. they’ve been saying that for nearly a month!
Has there been any info on this like posts on instergram or facebook from Remus or Hyundai ?

The Pipercross filter was approved so you would think that this will be but this has been due for months i think but nothing confirmed yet .

I want to order the unit but would like to know this is approved first or at the least will be approved soon .

Do we know if this is a definitely going to be UK approved or is this just talk at the moment ?

The director of the performance company and performance on the net who are the main distributor of Remus and Pipercross in the U.K. have been working with Hyundai UK to get it as an official accessory. They said the hatchback version has been approved but they’re waiting on the fastback now.

Hyundai U.K. aren’t saying much but there are a lot of people saying it’s on the way. I’m becoming impatient to be honest.