• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Two position memory for driver's seat

lbjgh

I'm just curious if any version of the i30 has a two position memory for the driver's seat.

The reason I ask is I just purchased the Elantra GT N-Line Ultimate (Canadian version) which does not have this feature.

Sometimes the wiring loom is the same for all versions of the car and installing switches and trim pieces are all that's required to enable features. I did this with my BMW X3 to enable the rear fog lights by buying a European switch and plugging it in.

lbjgh

We don't get the real N over here only the 1.6L petrol (201hp).

1583769179819.png

I found the two position in Germany.

I wonder if the wiring loom is the same... again just buy the switch.

1583769065999.png

R Veloster N

Canada get the Elantra N-Line and Elantra GT. They don't have access to the i30 or i30N.

I seriously doubt the Elantra will have the correct wiring harness. The i30-i30N are built in different regional factories. The US and Canadian Elantra Hatchback is built in either the US or South Korea.
I don't see a crossover in the part numbers.

lbjgh

There wouldn't be a crossover for part numbers because the seat memory wasn't available in NA.

The same was true with the rear fog lights on my bimmer but the switch plugged right in and worked fine.

R Veloster N

There wouldn't be a crossover for part numbers because the seat memory wasn't available in NA.

The same was true with the rear fog lights on my bimmer but the switch plugged right in and worked fine.
You don't understand crossover in part numbers. If it had the same part number as displayed in the European schematic it would be available. The US & CA Elantra utilize different part numbers altogether the the i30 or i30N. :)

This is exactly why it won't be available in the 2019 or 2020 Elantra in Canada or the US. The Elantra is produced in the US for Canada.

Last edited:

lbjgh

Thanks @R Veloster N ,my car was made in South Korea.

I'm not looking for NA part numbers.

I expect when a Manufacturer designs a car they make as much of the car interchangeable between markets to reduce engineering and supply costs.

I found the memory seat module now for the wiring. ;)

R Veloster N

You still don't understand. European part suppliers need a european reg and VIN number, to match up with the car, that you're not able to supply. There are two other small things you need not overlook and they are;

First, the BCM/ECU won't be setup for the functions and you'll also have to purchase a new door panel, to be able to mount the switches. The panel will have to come from an overseas source as well as BCM/ECU firmware, which is proprietary.

Second and most important; You won't be able to acquire a reflash for BCM/ECU to accept the commands. Your dealership won't have access to it. It's not as simply as hooking up the GDS and toggling on a few commands. An Elantra GT or N-Line doesn't utilize the same BCM/ECU programming as the i30 or i30N. It's model and VIN specific.

Just trying to save you some time, money and effort but whatever trips your trigger.:)

Last edited:

lbjgh

@R Veloster N Appreciate you detailed response. I don't expect any EU parts supplier needs anything more than a manufacturer's part number to order a specific part. Why would they even care about a VIN.

Your point is taken about the ECU as the underseat module may have to communicate throught the ECU.

The door wiring loom is $400, the underseat memory module is $65 and I haven't looked at the door switch and plastic surround.

...I'm stepping back from the ledge. ;)