• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning TurboXS blow off valve install video

TurboXS valve sounds good I've been using one for about 4 days, and is nice to have a hybrid but you can only hear it good when pushing the car somewhat hard and shifting at higher RPM... So I ordered this piece of work, kinda cool that it has the N logo on the adapter flange [not that you'll see it much] but it's by Torcon Power Labs adapter flange is 95 USD shipped or you can get it with the HKS for 230 USD shiped making it a bit cheaper that TurboXS by 14 USD. Not saying one is better than the other by no means I'm just curious to see how it sounds will post pics and maybe video if I can get one to come out right.Screenshot_20190429-221033_eBay.jpg

Reactions: Whiteluxsun
TurboXS valve sounds good I've been using one for about 4 days, and is nice to have a hybrid but you can only hear it good when pushing the car somewhat hard and shifting at higher RPM... So I ordered this piece of work, kinda cool that it has the N logo on the adapter flange [not that you'll see it much] but it's by Torcon Power Labs adapter flange is 95 USD shipped or you can get it with the HKS for 230 USD shiped making it a bit cheaper that TurboXS by 14 USD. Not saying one is better than the other by no means I'm just curious to see how it sounds will post pics and maybe video if I can get one to come out right.View attachment 7186
I have a GFB T9210 and it very rarely blows off as well .The theta engine is torquey as it is and boost doesn’t kick in till later in the RPMs. At first I thought my valve was broken because I really had to wind the car out to get it to do anything. But if you pay attention to the onboard boost gauge you can see the boost amount is very low at lower RPMs. I tried messsing with the preload and it did little to nothing.

I have a GFB T9210 and it very rarely blows off as well .The theta engine is torquey as it is and boost doesn’t kick in till later in the RPMs. At first I thought my valve was broken because I really had to wind the car out to get it to do anything. But if you pay attention to the onboard boost gauge you can see the boost amount is very low at lower RPMs. I tried messsing with the preload and it did little to nothing.
Yeah I noticed the boost gauge doesnt start recording boost until between 3500rpm and 4000rpm once it hits 4000rpm it will start climbing pretty good [also depends on how far you are into the throttle at that point] so chances are I will still only hear the BOV in the same circumstances but due to the fact that the Torcon is not a hybrid BOV when it does go off it will be louder lol

Well I was going to take pictures threw out the very short and easy installation prossess but I was too excited and forgot lol, however this is what you can see from the top. I know that this is full atmospheric and should be louder than the hybrid TurboXS but wow what a huge difference!!!20190520_152859 (600x800).jpg20190520_152925 (800x600).jpg

Thats good to know as I have the same valve and the vent sound was very poor (I didn't really get it for that anyway) and I was tempted to mess with the preload.

I'll just keep it in full re-circ mode as the vent sound just sounded 'odd' lol. Adjusting the ratio between re-circ and vent seemed to make zero difference to the sound either?!

Thats good to know as I have the same valve and the vent sound was very poor (I didn't really get it for that anyway) and I was tempted to mess with the preload.

I'll just keep it in full re-circ mode as the vent sound just sounded 'odd' lol. Adjusting the ratio between re-circ and vent seemed to make zero difference to the sound either?!
Preload adjustment has lil to no effects it even mentions that in the instructions. I’m running full atmosphere dump. The noise isn’t the most satisfying but I’m against dumping all that extra air back into the intake flow.

Any reason in particular? Thanks
I like noise lol and I’m pretty sure we’ve had a discussion about how recirculating the excess air back into the intake flow causes negative effects on power since it’s disrupting the smooth intake flow. But my main decision to do it is just for noise even as unsatisfying as a sound it is lol.