• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis TURBO TECH RACING/Upper (AVAILABLE) & Lower Motor Mounts for Veloster N and i30N!!

When installing the TT lower mount, where is a good area to use for supporting the engine and is it necessary to do? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I appreciate all of the help!

Only If you have trouble aligning the front bolt.:) You won't know till you've installed the rear two in, hand tightened. Sometimes, the lower engine position has settled a bit forward but it's not a problem.

Instructions that came with the TT lower mount only say to torque to factory specs. Anyone know what these are for both the front bolt and two back bolts??

So in the manual it says not to reuse the roll rod bracket mounting bolt. However, TT did not include a replacement bolt. Should I be assuming the bolt (C in the above picture) should be reused?

Reactions: R Veloster N
It's fine and a precaution Hyundai takes for well worn bolts. Yours is not old enough to cause any issues.

If you feel like you must, just order one from an online parts distributor or go to your local ACE or True Value Hardware store and get a like, grade 8 bolt and nut. Then you'll never have to be concerned about it again. :)

Last edited:
Turbo Tech Racing has a real winner here!!!😁

It's in and done. :p😄

Looks great and is almost an exact match to the Hyundai Red. I need email Turbo Tech Racing with the photos and a slight modification to the engine bracket for them to put it into production. Keep in mind this is a prototype, so it was expected.

I took my time and it was a simply straight forward process. It took about an hour total. I didn't even have to remove the radiator overflow tank.

The modification was simply. When I first set the engine bracket in place, it wouldn't seat fully ot the engine. All I need to do was utilize a 5/8" counter sink and bore out the underside 1/2" of the way into bottom of the bracket. The reason for this is; the two mounting studs flare out 1/2" from the bottom. The bracket is a solid piece of billet aluminum, it bored out easily and quickly with the 5/8" counter sink and hand drill.

Naturally, I'll provide Turbo Tech Racing with the modification specification, photos and instructions.

IMG_0053.jpegIMG_0055 2.jpeg
One thing I found out before removing the OEM was; the engine OEM mount allows the engine to sag nearly 1/2" to the right side. I measured it with both ruler and level before and after. The Turbo Tech Racing upper right side engine mount, raises the engine to the appropriate height across the engine bay.

This in itself, will distribute torque more evenly and help reduce engine vibrations.
IMG_0065.jpeg
IMG_0066.jpeg
Another problem with the OEM mount is; not only does it allow movement up/down, right/left and back forward. Actually in all directions quite easily. I can hand flex the engine bracket, to touch both side of the hydraulic mounting bracket and over a inch laterally movement at the top pin. This is an insane amount of movement that can be made by arm strength alone. So, I'm not surprised as to why there's a problem with engine movement and wheel hop. Geeze, if I can flex the mount this much by hand, imagine what the engine torque is doing to it.:oops::)
IMG_0073.jpeg
IMG_0074.jpeg
I'll post some more photos and commentary once I've emailed the information to Turbo Tech Racing.

Needless to say, I'm impressed and ithe Turbo Tech Racing Upper Right Engine Mount is a welcome addition to the VN. 😄

Last edited: