• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tucson

asd

Pollak

good news, great to hear ::)
my next daily driver in 4 or 5 years will be a suv. i would love to drive an jeep cherokee srt or the trailhawk, but the gas consumption is to high for a daily driver :(

a nice sporty suv like the new seat or possibly a hyundai n suv will be nice :)

i am not really a vw buyer :)

Corsa59

The N hatch runs about 10.5 litres per 100kms (my experience).

My guess is an N version of the Tucson will use more than that, let guess 12 - 13 l/100kms. That is REAL world estimates, not car company bulldust.

While official fuel use is pegged at a claimed 7.0L/100km for the combined cycle in the standard car (7.1 litres in the Performance Pack model), we rarely saw the number drop below 11.0L/100km on our (admittedly very vigorous) test.Oct 6, 2017

Put it right in the same range as a Trailhawk. But why anyone one would buy one of those sh!tboxes is beyond me. I had one in Canada for two weeks in July, brand new almost. Two tyres losing pressure, fuel gauge didn't work, and broke down twice in first week. Got a Kia Sorrento as a replacement in Calgary for the last week. A tank, but a gem of a car compared to Trailhawk. American rubbish .....

Rumple

Oh no!!! Another so called sporty SUV!

Can you tell I really hate these SUVs clogging up the UKs small roads, car parks and dinging my i30N because they are too wide for the parking bays!

Not a fan of the Piëch sorry Porsche SUVs either, but having driven them as courtesy cars I can say they are very good for what they are. Still not buying one tho.

eddie_gt4

What's wrong with the sporty SUVs?
First of all, there're SUVs and SUVs...

We're on the second Forester XT and having different cars in my life, I'd say such cars are the best all-rounders - nice seating position with good visibility, good access, decent interior and boot space, and with good AT tyres and skid plates you can reach really rough places and, at the same time, with street tyres it can be really quick in real world conditions, often as quick as much powerful cars (on not perfect tarmac, wet / snowy roads, etc.)

Of course it's not a track weapon or autobahn king, but as I said in real life conditions it can be considered as universal tool, perfectly matching different needs

Last edited:

Pollak

What's wrong with the sporty SUVs?
First of all, there're SUVs and SUVs...

We're on the second Forester XT and having different cars in my life, I'd say such cars are the best all-rounders - nice seating position with good visibility, good access, decent interior and boot space, and with good AT tyres and skid plates you can reach really rough places and, at the same time, with street tyres it can be really quick in real world conditions, often as quick as much powerful cars (on not perfect tarmac, wet / snowy roads, etc.)

Of course it's not a track weapon or autobahn king, but as I said in real life conditions it can be considered as universal tool, perfectly matching different needs
perfect said :cool:
thank you

the Forester XT ( or anything by Subaru) has proper off road cred. If i have one, i would feel like a macho Gaucho with big leather boots, with a buffalo inside waiting to be cooked medium rear.

A sporty SUV, like an X6 in black ( or any JLR products), exists to that you can pull a lady who wears exotic animal skin and sunglasses indoors.

A Tucson N, I think its only good for school runs.