• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Other TSB for condensation in lights

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
I know a lot of people have complained about moisture in the lights. And Hyundai issued a TSB years ago for it that never got proplery circulated. So they reissued it again today just to remind people that it’s normal with these new lights. I also know it’s difficult to read the writing in black so I’ll type it it out.

Natural Condensation

1) The temperature and humidity inside the lamp rise due to sunlight or increase in outside temperature. -> droplets of moisture condense on the inner surfaces of the lens on the lamp assembly.
Condensation from engine startup

2) the temperature and humidity inside the lamp rise from lamp activation and engine start up -> droplets of moisture condense on the inner surfaces of the lens on the lamp assembly.

Attachments

• C8BFFFE3-08A3-4C92-897B-EFDA1E70C638.jpeg
    C8BFFFE3-08A3-4C92-897B-EFDA1E70C638.jpeg
    766.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 106FB2F4-B6EE-41BF-8912-BAC73D5A1D6D.jpeg
    106FB2F4-B6EE-41BF-8912-BAC73D5A1D6D.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 60
Chris, you won't have this problem in the N and it's only with a hand full of models.
Some people have already complained of having this problem with the N Myself included but I’m aware of the issue and didn’t bat an eye when I had it happen the one day.

Also this won't came back (maybe very rarely). Heard lots of complains from people within the first few days, but after driving for a while and enjoying the better weather, the problems have gone. Really better than the old Audi headlights. A friend of me thought about putting some fish and decoration into them..

Reactions: R Veloster N