• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes TSB for brake noise

Just wanted to give you new and future VN owners a heads up. The VN brakes are very aggressive and run hard pads and they will make noise. This is normal and there is no reason to panic. Hyundai issued a TSB for this so I wanted to squash this subject before it becomes a big thing in the next few weeks.
I find it hilarious that people are complaining about brake noise with these cars. The N was actually an upgrade for me for brake noise, dust and wear compared to the track pads I had on my M3 before this o_O.

As of lately I haven't heard any squealing at all now that I think about it. It did it occasionally for the first 500km or so when I first got it but went away shortly after.

I find it hilarious that people are complaining about brake noise with these cars. The N was actually an upgrade for me for brake noise, dust and wear compared to the track pads I had on my M3 before this o_O.

As of lately I haven't heard any squealing at all now that I think about it. It did it occasionally for the first 500km or so when I first got it but went away shortly after.
I don’t think anyone’s actually complained yet because anyone that’s bought this car knows what it is and is an enthusiast. But I think as time goes on and more people buy it just cause it looks and sounds cool you’ll run into these issues. And Hyundai’s just trying to be preemptive. And mine isn’t terrible but if you’re doing low speed stops it’s def noticeable. My GF already thought the car was broken when she heard it the first time lol. Oh and when you get wheel pop from the cold tires and diff locking in a low speed turn also threw her off a little bit. Racecar problems lol

Cygnus X-1

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for quality aftermarket pads to appear. Haven’t really researched it. The diff noise will be annoying but different tires and/or a front camber/suspension adjustment might reduce it enough to be acceptable, as some relevant i30N threads suggest.

@TarmoT might know...

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for quality aftermarket pads to appear. Haven’t really researched it. The diff noise will be annoying but different tires and/or a front camber/suspension adjustment might reduce it enough to be acceptable, as some relevant i30N threads suggest.

@TarmoT might know...
Funny you should mention the tire bit... My diff hasn't done that aggressive locking/chattering since I swapped my winters on