• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres Track Tyre Feedback

alpiv64

Nthusiast
Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I have ran Nankang AR1's ( 235/35R19 ) for the last 12 months and completed 420 plus laps . I can highly recommend them for Track work , great grip but loud road noise on the street. Would get them again but currently out of stock so looking at the Michelin pilot Sport Cup 2 a lot more expensive but happy to give them a try just waiting on a quote $ today. If anyone else has a specific track tyre they want to give feedback on would be great.

I was using Cup2 for last 3 years and it runs well on 2,2-2,4 bar hot, but don't buy Cup2 Connect it has big problems with delamination, it can not last one trackday

s9TskHl.jpg

ATKC1GN.jpg

It dosn't matter what car it is, try to buy old type Cup2 with N0 certificate for Porsche

On every tyre it is the same problem always the first internal tread goes off

I was using Cup2 for last 3 years and it runs well on 2,2-2,4 bar hot, but don't buy Cup2 Connect it has big problems with delamination, it can not last one trackday

s9TskHl.jpg

ATKC1GN.jpg

It dosn't matter what car it is, try to buy old type Cup2 with N0 certificate for Porsche

On every tyre it is the same problem always the first internal tread goes off
Wow that is really bad . I am going with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport R instead. Will be running on Track this Sunday so will give feedback on the Goodyears.

Reactions: dacho
Wow that is really bad . I am going with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport R instead. Will be running on Track this Sunday so will give feedback on the Goodyears.

I have now Conti SC7 but I will not go to track soon with I30N, now I'm testing wifes Kona N on track :cool:

Reactions: alpiv64
I liked how the Goodyear feel on the road, at Broadford I was 2 sec. off my PB with the Goodyear but I think they will get quicker when worn down a little.