• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

Test drive tomorrow so will be interesting to see how the gr goes..
Enjoy, noticed on Carsales they have a GR for sale at $55895 drive away. Not sure if they will sell many at that price. The first 1000 that sold for $39000 , maybe they will only sell 1000 ??? in Oz

I enjoyed my 30 mins in a gr. Certainly worth a second test drive and consideration. The car tested had only done 450 miles and had an average of 22mpg, but the engine was very free revving and strong. In a small amount of traffic the clutch was quite heavy but did engage nicely, gear selection was very precise but for some reason I preferred my car. Most notable as expected was the huge amount of grip even at 3 Celcius and in heavy rain, whilst this was expected being able to deploy full power in any gear is impressive. The car felt solid, I don't have much interest in interior quality as long as it doesn't rattle so didn't pay much attention but the seats were comfortable for me, I'm short and overweight. One major downside was the artificial engine noise in the cabin, absolutely hated it, too loud and not in the character of the car and no pops and bangs which I missed more than I thought I would. I didn't have the radio on so that could help. In my opinion my i30n with 18 inch ultralights and eagle F1 Supersport has sharper initial turn in and feels more alive but there's no doubt that the gr is a great bit of kit.

Looks lovely mate :)
Thank you. I just couldn't stop grinning today and the car attracted quite a few interested looks and compliments.

I also must say that the pearl white is quite an interesting color. Sometimes it looks like a normal white but when I parked the car in the garage I really thought. Wow what a stunning paint job. It really depends a lot on the lighting. I guess in the summer it will really get to shine.

Xg9YeGn.jpg
xkVc43E.jpg

WTUcCh5.jpg

Thank you. I just couldn't stop grinning today and the car attracted quite a few interested looks and compliments.

I also must say that the pearl white is quite an interesting color. Sometimes it looks like a normal white but when I parked the car in the garage I really thought. Wow what a stunning paint job. It really depends a lot on the lighting. I guess in the summer it will really get to shine.

Xg9YeGn.jpg
xkVc43E.jpg

WTUcCh5.jpg
You have to give us a list of what you love about your car after 1 month ownership . Will you be Tracking the car ?

Xg9YeGn.jpg
xkVc43E.jpg

WTUcCh5.jpg
That paint is absolutely stunning! The shape is much nicer in these photos than in press release ones.

I've put a deposit down on a red gr and will see what finances look like nearer delivery time which is scheduled for July. This is a specific situation for me where I bought my N outright but would take finance on the gr to get a bit of cash out of the deal . This isn't a case of not wanting to keep the N, I've had very few issues in the 2.5 years I have had it and lightweight wheels and purple piwerflex make a great car.

Reactions: loafer-N77
You have to give us a list of what you love about your car after 1 month ownership . Will you be Tracking the car ?
Will do. I don't know if I will be finished with my break-in period by then though. A big work travel in January was cancelled so besides some fun drives I can't really put many kilometers on it.

I very likely won't be tracking it. While I do have some interest in trying it out, I don't really want to bother with the preparations and the risk in doing so. Sim racing and fun drives on the streets are enough for me right now.

Reactions: alpiv64
Went on a test drive today, awesome in the wet and so sharp. Gearbox felt on par with the N in my opinion which means it’s still short of the lovely mechanical feeling gearbox in the FK8 but still awesome. Not sure if I want to swap or not, might see if they come out with a full fat GRMN version as has been suggested.

it’s stuck in my head now though and I’ve convinced myself that it rains a lot in the U.K. so I need one. No matter what I done in track mode I couldn’t get it to lose grip or composure! It’s incredibly planted. The biggest let down is the noise, it sounded asthmatic and the piped in noise is a bit OTT. The aftermarket will sort the exhaust though.

F98F1358-C050-4862-9425-04AC05B13B80.jpeg4CCED133-11E6-4EBE-B879-951FC7D8FA07.jpeg

Went on a test drive today, awesome in the wet and so sharp. Gearbox felt on par with the N in my opinion which means it’s still short of the lovely mechanical feeling gearbox in the FK8 but still awesome. Not sure if I want to swap or not, might see if they come out with a full fat GRMN version as has been suggested.

it’s stuck in my head now though and I’ve convinced myself that it rains a lot in the U.K. so I need one. No matter what I done in track mode I couldn’t get it to lose grip or composure! It’s incredibly planted. The biggest let down is the noise, it sounded asthmatic and the piped in noise is a bit OTT. The aftermarket will sort the exhaust though.

View attachment 15878View attachment 15879
At least the piped in noise can be coded out so you don't have to live with it.

Reactions: Seano1878
At least the piped in noise can be coded out so you don't have to live with it.
True! I probably will get one, Toyota have also said that they’ll keep making them if the demand is there as obviously it was expensive to develop. That’s why the dealer saying it’s a limited car and I should order right away rubbed me up the wrong way. Toyota said from the start 25,000 is the minimum and not the limit.

I want the more hardcore version they’re planning though. Fingers crossed it comes to fruition!

Reactions: alpiv64