• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

Possibly thermal limitations in the name of longevity? Not sure if it would be simply keeping the engine off the redline under boost for extended periods or if something with the awd system at those speeds perhaps.

Coupled with the short gearing they needed for the performance they wanted from 3 cylinders and awd at lower speeds. Just speculating.

Last edited:
Reactions: R Veloster N
Another 5/5 review, this time from whatcar.com.

This line stuck out:

"To find out, we strapped some timing gear on and were left gobsmacked when the GR completed the 0-60mph run in just 4.6sec – a whopping 1.2 seconds quicker than a Type R in the same (albeit damp) conditions."

Wait what!

Another 5/5 review, this time from whatcar.com.

This line stuck out:

"To find out, we strapped some timing gear on and were left gobsmacked when the GR completed the 0-60mph run in just 4.6sec – a whopping 1.2 seconds quicker than a Type R in the same (albeit damp) conditions."

Wait what!

4.6 in the damp.
That's unreal...

I really doubt that number. Why would Toyota "lie" about it in the first place? I mean we're talking about 5,5 s (official number) versus 4,6 s - that's lightyears!
5.5 is for 0-62 and not for 0-60. To do that you need to change to third which costs time while 60 can still be done in second.

VUUK18Fg.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure... However, a similar time was just done in Australia on a Stock GR by tuners edge. 4.74s to 60mph.

Bear in mind the Australian version has more HP than UK.

Edit* apparently this is 3rd gear as well.

The European (UK) version has 261bhp according to Toyota Europe's spec on their website. the same as Australia, I think it has 257bhp for the Japanese home market. it's 0 to 100kph (62mph) is stated to be 5.2 seconds.

Last edited:
Yes and the VN 5.3.9

It's strange as I have seen a number of different times for the Veloster N.

From 5.0s flat for DCT to 5.6s for DCT to 5.9 for manual (0-60mph).

If it's 5.0s flat then I don't know why there isn't more hype? Maybe because the rest of the world gets the i30n.

I also don't get why it's so much faster than the i30n as the facelift is supposedly 5.9s for manual and 5.6s for DCT (to 100km/h)

The European (UK) version has 261bhp according to Toyota Europe's spec on their website. the same as Australia, I think it has 257bhp for the Japanese home market. it's 0 to 100kph (62mph) is stated to be 5.2 seconds.

200kw or 286 HP in Australia and Japan.

I am of the belief that the UK version has the least power due to the exhaust.

If it's 5.0s flat then I don't know why there isn't more hype? Maybe because the rest of the world gets the i30n.

I also don't get why it's so much faster than the i30n as the facelift is supposedly 5.9s for manual and 5.6s for DCT (to 100km/h)
Weight for the most part. Car and Driver did consistent 5.3's with the manual.:)

Reactions: shadowlink_64

Because americans tend to use Rollout which makes their times misleading if you don't know about it. To compare them you will always have to add time on top of them.

That's why there is no hype because the cars aren't that fast. The quickest FWD car currently is the Mini JCW GP3

Official number is 5.2 which this didn't manage but anyways that's with 306 HP, automatic gearbox, launch control, a weight of 1250 kg and semi-slick tires.

Also 0-60 mph is not comparable to 0-100 kph. You have to use 0-62 mph for that and in many manual cars those additional 2 mph mean an additional gear shift which costs time.