• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

A few new videos from Japan have arrived. Most of them don't show that much stuff we haven't seen before but this one is interesting.

Starting at 4:50 he showcases a version that has a bodykit, decals and a different exhaust installed. Might be purchasable in the same way Hyundai does it with the N-parts.

This video is also the first one where we see one on actual streets and not on closed off race tracks or events

I just ordered mine. High Performance version in Pearl White. Non-committal delivery date is April 2021 so yeah it will still probably be a while until I actually get it but I was rarely so excited about a new car. Pretty much everything I like about a car united in one package. 😁
Brave of you to buy a car without sitting in it, but yes I'm also quite looking forward to it's arrival, I also did once buy a Seat Leon fr purely on a video review luckily I loved it, hope you love yours too.

A slew of new stuff to see
First it looks like Rocket Bunny got something planned for the car
1_yarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_08-1200x800.jpg
yarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_01-1200x800.jpg
yarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_02-1200x800.jpg
yarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_03-1200x800.jpgyarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_04-1200x800.jpg
yarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_05-1200x800.jpgyarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_06-1200x800.jpgyarisgr_wide_dino_dalle_carbonare_07-1200x800.jpg

You can now also take a look at all the official upgrade parts that Toyota will produce for the GR Yaris. A video showing all the stuff is also available. Right now everything is in Japanese but at least translating the first site is no problem.

Prices are decent too. I know other manufactures who would ask a lot more for all of this.
There will also be an online event on September 16th as a celebration to the GR Yaris launch.

I’m off to see one next Wednesday, any questions people want me to ask? I’ll try and take some photos, not sure if they’ll let me though.

Officially they said no test drives, but they’ve told me I have to take my driving licence so we’ll see...

I’m off to see one next Wednesday, any questions people want me to ask? I’ll try and take some photos, not sure if they’ll let me though.

Officially they said no test drives, but they’ve told me I have to take my driving licence so we’ll see...
You in the UK? I heard there is a tour over there.
Unfortunately I have heard nothing about something similar over here in Germany. I saw one in March but that one was a locked prototype with a covered interior. I would like to see that for myself.
But I guess it makes sense with the UK getting a first shot considering it shares right hand drive with Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Emma
You in the UK? I heard there is a tour over there.
Unfortunately I have heard nothing about something similar over here in Germany. I saw one in March but that one was a locked prototype with a covered interior. I would like to see that for myself.
But I guess it makes sense with the UK getting a first shot considering it shares right hand drive with Japan.

Yep, I’m in the UK. Think this ‘tour’ goes on until mid October? I’m not entirely sure how much they’re going to let you look at, I’d seen somewhere it’s a pre-production car and won’t be much like the one actually sold?

Be good to know what the actual delivery times are (if they even know).

Enjoy, hopefully you'll get a drive or at least start it up.

Right, just got back! First up - I wasn't allowed to start it, wasn't allowed to drive it. Dealership was really good about it and explained (unsurprisingly) that they're not being driven, there's only 3 in Europe and only a specific person from Toyota is allowed to move them around. Showroom had the circuit pack on it. This one was a left hand drive model. Took a few photos, not the best, sorry!

All in, I was quite impressed, it looks nice. They had it in the base white and with the matt black roof it looked good. Inside is basic, but no worse than the N I don't think? Wasn't able to view the infortainment etc but its the same as their standard stuff. Apple play etc all included. Seats were decent, think they're a bit nicer than ours, but same kinda thing. No electric seats, but you do get the heated steering wheel and seats. Got the usual safety stuff added on it, parking sensors etc. The sales guy I was talking to said this isn't the final final interior, but it's about 90% there. 6ft4 big guy got in it no problem (more space than the Abarth, less than the N). Back seats, total write off, as is the boot. Boot has a huge battery for the 4 wheel drive in it, and no space for a spare. You could probably fit two backpacks in there (think Kanken bags - google them if you don't know what I mean!).

Obviously can't really say much about how it sounds/drives. Speaking to the guy, he just said it's quiet. It isn't going to be noisy with the stock exhaust on it and that isn't going to change, no pops, bangs or even burbles really. Sad face. No mention of any extras you can order, but he was really upfront and just said they don't have that much info (no mpg or basic info like that) and it's a bit of a waiting game.

Delivery times will be March 2021. Deposit is £500. Deals currently on are not valid, but that will be dealt with nearer the order/delivery date early next year. 0% finance isn't valid (unless that offer is on next year). They've had three deposits put down in the Birmingham dealership, so they're getting some orders. He did say they're limited numbers, but no idea how limited.

To look at it's nicer than I expected (not sure what I was expecting), looks well put together. I suspect it'll be an absolute ball to drive. Now to hash out whether to put a deposit down on a punt, and which car gets traded in...

Right, just got back! First up - I wasn't allowed to start it, wasn't allowed to drive it. Dealership was really good about it and explained (unsurprisingly) that they're not being driven, there's only 3 in Europe and only a specific person from Toyota is allowed to move them around. Showroom had the circuit pack on it. This one was a left hand drive model. Took a few photos, not the best, sorry!

All in, I was quite impressed, it looks nice. They had it in the base white and with the matt black roof it looked good. Inside is basic, but no worse than the N I don't think? Wasn't able to view the infortainment etc but its the same as their standard stuff. Apple play etc all included. Seats were decent, think they're a bit nicer than ours, but same kinda thing. No electric seats, but you do get the heated steering wheel and seats. Got the usual safety stuff added on it, parking sensors etc. The sales guy I was talking to said this isn't the final final interior, but it's about 90% there. 6ft4 big guy got in it no problem (more space than the Abarth, less than the N). Back seats, total write off, as is the boot. Boot has a huge battery for the 4 wheel drive in it, and no space for a spare. You could probably fit two backpacks in there (think Kanken bags - google them if you don't know what I mean!).

Obviously can't really say much about how it sounds/drives. Speaking to the guy, he just said it's quiet. It isn't going to be noisy with the stock exhaust on it and that isn't going to change, no pops, bangs or even burbles really. Sad face. No mention of any extras you can order, but he was really upfront and just said they don't have that much info (no mpg or basic info like that) and it's a bit of a waiting game.

Delivery times will be March 2021. Deposit is £500. Deals currently on are not valid, but that will be dealt with nearer the order/delivery date early next year. 0% finance isn't valid (unless that offer is on next year). They've had three deposits put down in the Birmingham dealership, so they're getting some orders. He did say they're limited numbers, but no idea how limited.

To look at it's nicer than I expected (not sure what I was expecting), looks well put together. I suspect it'll be an absolute ball to drive. Now to hash out whether to put a deposit down on a punt, and which car gets traded in...

You missed your calling mate, should've been a motoring journo...

Because I still don't know when to shut up, if you want to test drive one in the UK the salesman said it'll be an experience day job. £500 refunded deposit (when you turn up on the day they give you your money back) and it's a combo track and road day test driving the car. Might be worth keeping eyes peeled for that, but he had no idea when they will be as Toyota arranges them rather than the dealers.

Well the outside is a million times nicer than the inside! Wow, that dash.....

Thanks @_Emma , confirms to me its basically a two-seater/second car type of thing (which was kinda obvious already but y'know......nice to have somebody actually see one in the metal and report back).

@loafer-N77 I wasn't a massive fan of the dash, it's really plain. It reminded me a little bit of my old Swift sport, that's 10 years old. Bit of a shame. The screen also has an awful JBL logo on it which was a bit dull. The mode button is just by the gear stick, bit boring too. Outside is nice, though. Back of it kinda reminded me of the old Clio Cups, didn't take picture stupidly!

Definitely a second car and definitely two seater. I'm 5ft, and I wouldn't have got anything behind the seat at all. I don't have passengers, so I don't mind, but the boot being *that* small is probably a kicker. Realistically you'd need something slightly larger just to do an average food shop for 2 (we have to put the seats down in the Abarth and the boot is probably not far off double the Yaris).

A battery for the four wheel drive??? no rear seat room, small boot, the I20N it is then.