• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

just off the phone to my local dealer... should be on the roads before the end of the year

November they should be turning up with customers. Think we're done with the Abarth, might be a nice step up as they're not going to add any more bhp to the new ones.

I guess this will be Toyotas I30N. The GR brand has already existed for some time but I wouldn't say that it's that well known but this Yaris will probably change that a good bit and like the N it's a bargain for what you are getting.

$52108.96 for a Yaris "choke!"o_O Damn, I can buy a new Audi TTRS for $69K.

You know that these kind of comparison are useless, right?
Just for your information. A base TTRS with no options at all is 68K € here in Germany. How many $ is that now? Right.
You can't compare different markets to each other. Not to mention that the US very likely won't be getting it any way.

That is base price, no options. Nobody wants that though, so with a few main packs it is over £35k, which indeed is overpriced.

Maybe when its a year old it will be a good purchase.

Where you are getting that price from? This is Japanese car and not a German one so there isn't a giant options list. In fact there are only two versions and the prices of both are known. Base is
£29,995 and the top version which is the Circuit Pack is £33,495. And those are list prices which most won't be paying.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/toyota-gazoo-racing/gr-yaris/specs

Reactions: _Emma
I cant see there being any discounts on these initially lol. I can see a waiting list on the horizon as well.

It'll be 100% list price. Exactly like the Type R when that was released in UK. Dealers wouldn't give a penny off as Honda wouldn't allow it.

Can't see Toyota being any different.

Reactions: GazmaN and _Emma
I cant see there being any discounts on these initially lol.
I don't think they"ll need to. Not many competition when you're in for that kind of car. As in... no competition at all really. It's in a class of it's own. Not my class, I need more space, but I think at this price it isn't gonna be to hard to sell them.

Exactly!

Hence I can't grasp why people are thinking these will be a bargain...... because Toyota?!

Toyota will absolutely milk this car. It's being spoken about like it's the Second Coming already :D

Reactions: R Veloster N
Oh there will definitely be a waiting list for these. These won't be rolling from a normal production line after all. In Japan you can already register online to get one. I think the same will happen here in Europe. The rest will have to wait a while to get one.

You know that these kind of comparison are useless, right?
Just for your information. A base TTRS with no options at all is 68K € here in Germany. How many $ is that now? Right.
You can't compare different markets to each other. Not to mention that the US very likely won't be getting it anyway.

Where you are getting that price from? This is Japanese car and not a German one so there isn't a giant options list. In fact there are only two versions and the prices of both are known. Base is
£29,995 and the top version which is the Circuit Pack is £33,495. And those are list prices which most won't be paying.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/toyota-gazoo-racing/gr-yaris/specs
Precisely, it's not a Germany built car. With my customer discount, I can purchase one at that price any day here in the US from Audi.

Everything in Europe is overinflated and that's Europe's problem. Your question; from Euros to US Dollars it's $76,135.86 w/o TTL, which will make it over, $80K US in Europe for the Audi TTRS. That's outrageous!

I most certainly will and can compare anything I desire. Especially, when considering an ecobox car to a purpose built sport car. I definately purchase a new TTRS over a Toyota Yaris that costs $55K w/TTL. I can also acquire a much better built and performing car in an ; Audi RS3 for $60K.

You can ooh and awe at a $55k Yaris all you like. It's still a Japanese Toyota Yaris. I purchased a new $90K Lexus RCF Sport for $69K out the door fully loaded, so why would I possibly pay $55K - $56K for a Yaris econobox?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh there will definitely be a waiting list for these. These won't be rolling from a normal production line after all. In Japan you can already register online to get one. I think the same will happen here in Europe. The rest will have to wait a while to get one.
The UK site says reservations open but takes you to the Supra reservations. Looks like they’ll be available to reserve sooner rather than later

Precisely, it's not a Germany built car. With my discount, I can purchase one at that price any day here in the US from Audi.

Everything in Europe is overinflated and that's Europe's problem. Your question; from Euros to US Dollars it's $76,135.86 w/o TTL, which will make it over, $80K US in Europe for the Audi TTRS. That's outrageous!

I most certainly can and will compare anything I desire. Especially, when considering an ecobox car to a purpose built sport car. I most certainly would purchase a new TTRS over a Yaris that costs $55K w/TTL. I can also acquire a much better built and performing car in an ; Audi RS3 for $60K.

You can ooh and awe at a $55k Yaris all you like. It's still a Japanese Toyota Yaris. I purchased a new $90K Lexus RCF Sport for $69K out the door fully loaded, so why would I possibly pay $55K - $56K for a Yaris ecobox?:rolleyes:

You can do whatever you want. Way back when the Impreza and the Evo were some of the hottest shit out of Japan there were also cars that were better value/ were faster/ were more beautiful/were more comfortable or whatever you want your criteria to be. Nobody cared back then though and nobody will now. If you don't get the point of the car and are not interested then that's OK. Other people will.

All N comparisons: ‘that’s not a fair comparison to the N’

Any other car compare wtf you like.

Way back when the Impreza and the Evo were some of the hottest shit out of Japan there were also cars that were better value/ were faster/ were more beautiful/were more comfortable or whatever you want your criteria to be.
LMAO and now where are they?:p.

It's not very practical to spend such on a converted Yaris (bic lighter), when there are far better options for even less or slightly more money.

No one will care now either! :p I certainly don't. However a person lacking good sense or judgment and his money, are soon parted. It's certainly not the end all to be all for sure!:)

Actually, I get the point but its not justifiable for the sake of wanting. There will always be something better, made available. That's been the history of automobiles and so much more. If you jump every time at the next best thing, You'll never be content or happy with what you own.:D

It's nothing but a hopped up Toyota Yaris, bic lighter. Crap, I could do the same thing with a Smart Car but you won't or don't see me driving one either. And I suppose you've got $55K laying idle somewhere your dying to liquidate on a poor investment?

Hey, Whatever trips your proverbial trigger there mate but I'm not going to agree or blow smoke up yer arse, for the sake of humoring you.

If you can't appreciate this, then it's your problem not mine.:)

Last edited: