• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

GenuinelyLAS

Nthusiast
Mar 15, 2018
Kent
I’ve read up quite a bit about this and I reckon it’ll be a serious bit of kit when it comes out next year...

4 wheel drive
1.6 ltr - three-cylinder
250-275bhp

I just hope they price it right. I had a chat with my local dealer about it, (he owns a pb i30n) hopefully more details to follow in Jan!:cool:

Attachments

• 1F431F28-D364-40F7-914D-984C43EAFC39.jpeg
    1F431F28-D364-40F7-914D-984C43EAFC39.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 133
  • EDA03162-BAEA-4DC3-88CD-1C8DBE1ADE63.jpeg
    EDA03162-BAEA-4DC3-88CD-1C8DBE1ADE63.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 131
The price will not be right. Not for that spec I’m afraid.

That is the issue that Toyota are facing with this car - the base model is well priced but would you pick it over the competitors.

And this, fully loaded performance edition is going to be north of £30000 if I’m ready correctly....

Reactions: PeterP
What a nice little cockroach but it will be more expensive than Focus RS was. Another thing is a tuning potential of that tiny 3-cyl engine - there is not much potential left there I guess :( 275 bhp and around 1300kg is not bad but it is not fast enough.

Reactions: PeterP
I did a trackday together with with a Yaris GRMN. Very cool car, but to small to be practical for everyday use, IMHO. Quicker in the turns, but slower on the straights compared to the i30N :cool:.

The GR4 may be quick!

They should have Gazoo-ed a Corolla, rather than a starter car for teenagers. It seems they just can't get it right, after the mess with the BMW Supra and the Yaris GRMN ( a car that could have competed against the Fiesta ST but I have not seen any promotions at all, when I was car hunting in the summer 2018).

Toyota is probably wants to compete against the Audi A1 Quattro.

They should have Gazoo-ed a Corolla, rather than a starter car for teenagers. It seems they just can't get it right, after the mess with the BMW Supra and the Yaris GRMN ( a car that could have competed against the Fiesta ST but I have not seen any promotions at all, when I was car hunting in the summer 2018).

Toyota is probably wants to compete against the Audi A1 Quattro.

Yaris GRMN were sold out in the UK before they even arrived and it was £26k - much more expensive than a Fiesta ST at the time.

Audi haven't announced plans for a new MQB A0 platform S1/A1 Quattro, it's gone from the range currently and as SEAT have already binned their plans for the Ibiza Cupra MQB A0 the S1 might not return.

A1 Quattro is a direct competitor to the GLA45 AMG. The Toyota wouldn't hold a candle to either.

I'd respectfully disagree with you on this one :)

The current AMG A45 is now 415bhp from previous 375bhp and starts at £50k plus
The last A1/S1 quattro was 227bhp and sub £30k

A45 0-60 3.9 seconds
S1 5.6 seconds

Reactions: MattK
Ok I agree! This one is a bit faster!!:p But we aren't talking about an S-1 but and A-1 (noted; possible misprint);)
Either way there was only 333 built and only 19 were sent to the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: REM66
From a business point of view, who is this Yaris aiming at?

Young guys - ok, this is when the price has to be competitive enough. Don't go anywhere near German pricing. Also, young people nowadays don't care about motor engineering/ torsen beams.
Does the Infotaiment has Facebook? Are those tyres vegan?

Medium young guys - can the back seat take those Isofix things? Can the boot take the pram? Does the glove box deep enough for to keep a breast milk pump kit?

Midlife crisis, overweigh guys( like me ) - Can I fit the toilet I just removed and take it to the skip? Can my in-laws ( both of them) fit inside without getting hurt? Can i fit the dead body of my wife without chopping her up first?

My belly is as big as this Yaris.

Women - No goer. How could this Yaris compete against Evoque, MINI-BMW and a Nissan Juke?

Enviroterrorist / envirohyprocrits- No goer. Its not electric and not as posh as a Tesler.

If Toyota had Gazood a Corolla and if the price is comparable to an I30N, then I would consider it credible amongst the hot hatch.

I think this car will be well north of 30k sterling and encroach into the German car price zone.

Can have a man membership card now? ;)

I reckon this will be an absolute riot to drive. Be interesting to give it a good run.

Might go test drive one when its released....the temptation may to be too much to swap if it's that good. The i20n needs to step it up to be at least the 2nd best small hot hatch because this will clearly lead the pack.

Reactions: Mightymoo and _Emma