• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Ah I see. Now I understand it. Yeah the seating position of a Type R is sporty just like the car itself. That's why I asked. The Type R basically one ups the N in most things so a trade doesnt make much sense to me.

But I like that you care for your mother so much that you even trade cars for her. A lot of people wouldn't be able to put their own interests in the backseat.

Reactions: GazmaN

greybeard

Mar 26, 2020
Carlisle , England
Thanks for that thought. I had my first proper run in it yesterday. I picked it up 2 days before lock down . I went to the next town from my village to go shopping .I don't remember going there any faster in the Type R. There was a sense of occasion when the R came out of the garage, all red seats, spoilers etc, but i'm starting to enjoy the "stealthy" look. Plus the way the seats move back to let me out or forward to get me back in position always makes me smile.

IN_30N

Staff member
Oct 19, 2017
I wonder if this will be delayed with the current COVID crisis?

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
seems like this pocket rocket is not going to cost as much as expected. around gbp 30k.

pillred

Oct 20, 2019
bristol
seems like this pocket rocket is not going to cost as much as expected. around gbp 30k.
I was a bit surprised at that as well there is a sort of review on you tube by car wow, they don't actually drive it but go into a lot of detail when he said £30,000 I was very pleasantly surprised, when I come to change the N in about 18 months a year old (ex demo)one of those will certainly be on my list.

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
I was a bit surprised at that as well there is a sort of review on you tube by car wow, they don't actually drive it but go into a lot of detail when he said £30,000 I was very pleasantly surprised, when I come to change the N in about 18 months a year old (ex demo)one of those will certainly be on my list.
that's where I got the price tag as well. it does look interesting. I'm sure butt dyno will be very happy in one of these!

Reactions: pillred

Danscfc

Staff member
Dec 4, 2017

Not a massive range of colour, I like the red, even the black.
I'd like to hear how it really sounds, not a short clip around a track.

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
An interesting video of a professional driver taking the car for a spin. Gives you an impression of the sound, handling, acceleration and how the all-wheel-drive system works. In sports mode it really does behave similar to a rear-wheel drive car.

Felix

Jan 15, 2020
Germany
An interesting video of a professional driver taking the car for a spin. Gives you an impression of the sound, handling, acceleration and how the all-wheel-drive system works. In sports mode it really does behave similar to a rear-wheel drive car.

Because in Sport's mode the power distribution is 30:70 (front/rear).

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
Did someone else ordered that car? I paid deposit for my platinum white pearl with circuit package on 01.06.2020. ETA is May 2021 :D

Reactions: Galerion

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Did someone else ordered that car? I paid deposit for my platinum white pearl with circuit package on 01.06.2020. ETA is May 2021 :D
I wanted to take the leasing deal they offered but it would have required to pay off the current financing I have which would mean I would be without a car for 9-12 months. So I will wait until the car is on dealer lots to see what can be arranged.

Reactions: TarmoT

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK
Having seen the finance offers (0% in the UK) now I wish I could get away with a smaller 3 door car again :(

If I could I would have been all over one of these.

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
Yeah. It's a pretty ridiculous offer really, last thing I expected on a new 'hype' car!
Yeah I'm surprised, normally they leave them out of these deals. It's about what I pay for my N with the same mileage, about £10 less a month. Need to dig around a bit more I think.