• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Toyota making bugger all on these. The first thousand sold out in a day, next batch was sold out in a week. Dealers could sell the rally for $$60k, due to demand, not markup. $132,000 for a Renault Megan’s trophy in Qld , that’s greed. 0-100kmh 5.2s
No, it's greed all the same. You're just taking it to a grander scale.

LordPave

Nov 23, 2020
Melbourne
The Mini GP is faster and handles better and proven on video.
I'm not sure I understand your point. Can you please elaborate? No snark, genuine question.

I ask as, using Australian prices, the Mini JCW GP is circa $65k, where the Yaris GR is circa $50k. For an extra $15k, I'd hope its a lot of things more than the Yaris GR.

alpiv64

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I'm not sure I understand your point. Can you please elaborate? No snark, genuine question.

I ask as, using Australian prices, the Mini JCW GP is circa $65k, where the Yaris GR is circa $50k. For an extra $15k, I'd hope its a lot of things more than the Yaris GR.
Both good cars , to bad we cannot buy the GP in Australia . Yaris GR Rallye is what you want when released in Australia but price is $65,000 Drive Away. Covid Tax is crazy on car prices.

shadowlink_64

Feb 9, 2019
Australia
Compared to the Mini GP, the Yaris is lacking even with the Mini having a bad start and in normal mode.
May Watson isn't the best at drags in a manual. Look how he stuffed up the gear change in the rolling race.

Put a proficient driver in and the GR has gotten 12.7s to the 1/4 mile.

The GR has gone in the 12s multiple times on the base model in Australia.

Also, it appears the Mini isn't stock? Look at that carbon fibre Eventuri intake! You get a peak when the camera looks under the hood.

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
I finally managed to get over the break-in period. Only because of a monster road trip to Munich and back though. 1000km and 10 hours of driving in a single day certainly took a toll on me but the car managed just fine. We were 3 people too. Car looked horrible after that trip. Almost felt like there was more salt than snow and ice in Germany at that time :confused:

But I gave it a good wash and and now it's looking like new again.

Could finally give it the beans on the way though and well what can I say? We were all smiling. Even though it was all Autobahn the car did very well like I said. No matter if cruising or being on the fast lane were the name of the game. Might plan a country side drive in the near future with some actual curves though. I image that will be even more fun.