• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

208 (207.8) is about where I expected it. I believe I suggested 209 whp a while back. I think this one ^ might be had for a slightly reduced cost, all things considered.:D
Test drove the GR on the weekend. The engine is seriously impressive, it pulls hard like a train.

I didn't get to do any hard cornering but I'm sure it's extremely capable.
I sincerely hope this wasn't you, based upon the location!🤣

Anyone already got the delivery date for theirs?
My dealer called me today and said on December 1st my car would be ready to go. Maybe even sooner since it isn't that far from the port. The Hercules Leader just docked today in Belgium and it has the next shipment of cars on board so if your finished building and you haven't heard anything from your dealer yet then maybe give him a call.

208 (207.8) is about where I expected it. I believe I suggested 209 whp a while back. I think this one ^ might be had for a slightly reduced cost, all things considered.:D
I sincerely hope this wasn't you, based upon the location!🤣

Nope not me!

Anyone already got the delivery date for theirs?
My dealer called me today and said on December 1st my car would be ready to go. Maybe even sooner since it isn't that far from the port. The Hercules Leader just docked today in Belgium and it has the next shipment of cars on board so if your finished building and you haven't heard anything from your dealer yet then maybe give him a call.

Not in UK but I'm expecting mine in December.

So I'm back from the test drive and what can I say? Holy s
censored.gif
t what a car.

I am not a professional racing driver or have the urge to be one. So do not expect in-depth descriptions of how the car behaves at the limit and what happens there.

First the engine. What a bull. You can tell that the engine is a specially developed performance engine and not a run-of-the-mill engine that was tuned up up a little and got more boost pressure. It willingly revs up all the way to the limiter but still he has strength in all situations. There are already a few dyno runs where the car had over 400 Nm of torque and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.
So in case it wasn't clear yet. The car is fast. Very fast and that leads to the next point.

It rained today and the streets were wet, and yet the car did not convey any uncertainty at all. No matter what I asked from it, the car did it without problems or hesitation. Caution is advised on this point. For one, you are often way faster than you think you are. I was really surprised a few times when I looked at the speedometer. Problems with the law are inevitable here if you are not careful. On the other hand, the confidence that the car gives you can quickly lead to overconfidence, which in the worst case scenario can lead to an accident. I just hope most of those interested are aware of this and use their common sense. The news about how someone in Australia managed to wreck the car after a few minutes of test driving is now definitely understandable though.

Toyota also managed a nice balancing act. When you are on the road in a sporty way, the engine dominates the action, but when you just want to be relaxed on the road, the engine takes a back seat and does its job quietly. I couldn't test the Autobahn, but I don't see any problems that could arise here. The suspension is sporty but not too firm. At no point was I shaken like mad. It's definitely softer than the + R mode in a Honda Civic Type R or the sportier suspension settings of a Hyundai I30N.

The gear shift is short and crisp and what I also noticed when shifting. You can really feel and hear the mechanics at work. A small thing, but if you notice it, it increases the sporty character of the car as well as boost pressure being audible released when you get off the gas pedal.

Finally, a few more pictures and thus to the last point. If you compare the first pictures with the last one, you can see how dirty the car got after my test drive, practically all around and that was only 45 minutes of driving on wet country roads. Paint protection and care will definitely be a very good idea on this car. Or mud flaps but I personally don't like them.

3KCEBaS.jpg

znybllQ.jpg

KFqtSop.jpg

aSXxWzy.jpg

gHTQ3Yr.jpg

MUi2PQm.jpg

IEHHXYN.jpg

sFGNefO.jpg

it5UJRw.jpg
bMTgNHe.jpg

When you say more mph I assume you mean top speed? If so, the top speed is restricted.

I like the engineering behind the car but it's just too expensive ( with all those packs added) and small. I understand it's a homologation special and why it exists.

I don't know if I look right in it. Still not as value for money as the i30N.

When you say more mph I assume you mean top speed? If so, the top speed is restricted.
Your assumption is correct and I do understand it's electronically limited but; my immediate question to Toyota would be, why. If it's capable of 155 or better, why not allow it, instead of limiting it. I don't believe it's limitations is due to aerodynamics. So, there's no reason to limit it or at least raise the limiter.

Was the Falcon quicker ? Thinking of booking a Test drive for the Yaris next week. First Mod should be the exhaust. Cheers

If I was reading that right then yes it was. At 8.69 seconds I would say that car definitely wasn't stock though and that's with me not having any idea about the car because Im not from Australia 🤣

You should definitely book a test drive. I think you will definitely be pleased like I was though it sucks that you guys in Australia can't just order the car with the two LSDs like in most other countries. But at least you don't have a particulate filter like we in the EU have.

Having checked Facebook there also seems to be already some exhaust options available in Australia or you could just save some money and do it like this 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: alpiv64
So I just got back from a test drive. That little 3 cylinder engine is a work of art and an absolute torque monster. It gets it's boogie on with an amazing sense of urgency. No lag. Sounds incredible from inside the car.

Handles well. Fantastic brakes. Took it through a few roundabouts at pace, has a hint of understeer but I only had it in sport mode. Track mode might dial a bit of that out?

Gearbox is a treat, shift is tight and the clutch feels like it'll take a beating.

It's tiny inside. The seats hug well and the shifter sits up quite high. Thinking about it all on the way home the penny dropped - this thing is a rally car.

rsz_yaris_1.jpg

rsz_yaris_3.jpg

If I was reading that right then yes it was. At 8.69 seconds I would say that car definitely wasn't stock though and that's with me not having any idea about the car because Im not from Australia 🤣

You should definitely book a test drive. I think you will definitely be pleased like I was though it sucks that you guys in Australia can't just order the car with the two LSDs like in most other countries. But at least you don't have a particulate filter like we in the EU have.

Having checked Facebook there also seems to be already some exhaust options available in Australia or you could just save some money and do it like this 😄

Will book a demo drive for sure and if I like it will wait until we get the Rallye Edition next year in Oz . Hope to get on Track (Phillip Island) Dec. 6th would be nice to see if any are running around. A stock i30 N with a good driver gets around 1 min 55 sec anything under 2 min. is fast. Cheers

Terrible wheel hop from the dead start and I'd expect more mph from a car this light.😟
Lots of cars in Europe will go a hell of a lot faster but are restricted to 155 mph, I expect with the Yaris being so light the manufacturers thought that 140 odd was quite fast enough and let's be honest it is, not sure I would fancy going any faster than that in any car.

Fairly certain that GR was stock.

From that video it appears the Falcon won but who knows of stock or not.

If you check their instagram they did 0-60 in 4.99s and quarter mile in 13.26s @103.06 mph!

That is with a stock GR.

I really start to believe that Toyota have seriously underrated the car. Kinda like the Japanese gentlemen's agreement in the 90s.
And they did so with the Supra recently too.

Lots of cars in Europe will go a hell of a lot faster but are restricted to 155 mph, I expect with the Yaris being so light the manufacturers thought that 140 odd was quite fast enough and let's be honest it is, not sure I would fancy going any faster than that in any car.
Well it depends, right circumstances such as; the Autobahn, Nurburgring, some of the roads in Nevada. Again, I don't think it's because of aerodynamics. Not sure exactly why limiting it to 140 instead of 155 if capable. Just don't see the point, If you're building a car derived from and touted as a WRC replica car, it ought to be a quick and rapid as possible.:)