• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Yaris GR4

pillred

Oct 20, 2019
bristol
You don't want to drive faster in such a small car. It just feels scary the smaller the car is.
I would never drive any car at that speed they would probably lock me up and throw away the key lol, I was just surprised it was slower than the N perhaps it's limited.

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Here is a video of a Japanese fellow who already got his GR Yaris delivered and he immediately got a lot of GR parts installed. The video does have some English subtitles.

Guess it won't be much longer until the first owner reviews will come in.

Also good and bad news coming in from Australia.

The first 1000 cars that were part of the promotion are sold. Only a week after it started. Folks in Australia will now have to wait for Toyota to say if the promotion is really over or if they will extend their special offer.

Reactions: shadowlink_64

shadowlink_64

Feb 9, 2019
Australia
Here is a video of a Japanese fellow who already got his GR Yaris delivered and he immediately got a lot of GR parts installed. The video does have some English subtitles.

Guess it won't be much longer until the first owner reviews will come in.

Also good and bad news coming in from Australia.

The first 1000 cars that were part of the promotion are sold. Only a week after it started. Folks in Australia will now have to wait for Toyota to say if the promotion is really over or if they will extend their special offer.
Correction that article is wrong. There's still 160 cars left they have just removed the only pre ordering system as it gets closer to the end.

Prices are then likely to jump up but not to the full "rrp".

Reactions: R Veloster N

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
For all the curious. The UK configurator for the GR Yaris is now live. Since a few people complained about it they seem to have added now a third model. The convenience pack which includes stuff like the HUD, parking sensors, Blind spot monitoring, etc. Adaptive cruise control and lane assist are standard on every model though.

Last edited:

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Heres another video of that Japanese fellow who already got his. A quick comparison against a FK2 Civic Type R and a few other smaller details. He is currently in the break-in period so there should be more interesting videos on the way.

shadowlink_64

Feb 9, 2019
Australia
$30K
Bigger than a Yaris for sure and more room also.:)
I honestly found little difference sitting in the current model Corolla and new gen standard Yaris (just released a month ago) .

Of course the GR Yaris is 2 door with a lower roof. However, knee/shoulder wise the space was very similar.

To prove my point the back half of the GR Yaris uses the Corolla chassis, so it makes sense width wide at least its very similar.

To reiterate my point, the rear of the Corolla is tiny!

Last edited:

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
People from the UK have a reason to be happy. Apparently the first boat from Japan with cars is on its way. Multiple people have been told their cars are among them. The estimated arrival is somewhere around early-mid November.

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Im so happy right now because just this morning I got an E-Mail with a Status Update from from Toyota. My car is in Production :D
Im in Germany so this should also be good news for all the people in LHD countries. We apparently don't have to wait long either.

Status Update GR Yaris.jpg