• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Reportedly Wants To Bring Back The Celica And MR2

I agree. A revival of the car that made Toyota so appealing in the late 80's early 90's would be awesome. The GT86 is good but hopefully just a start. Dynamics brilliant on that car but lacks oomph.

To be fair the same goes for Honda - I used to love Honda's back in the day...yet here I am driving a Hyundai instead of the Honda hot hatch. Hope that changes soon.

I was also partial to the generation before too... something about pop up headlights... boy I miss them

B89C86FD-DF93-4892-8C85-EFFB276FCD20.jpeg

Reactions: vkoltouk
Who wants to take bets on which company Toyota is going to outsource these cars' development to?

I'm thinking maybe they'll ask Nissan or Ford to build them a car this time o_O:p

I sure also hope to bring back a new Celica.... However I'm too much afraid they will bring as so called Hybrid Celica and that's will ruin my childhood fast & furious dreams.... Let's hope I'm totally wrong

Reactions: meirion
I saw a Corolla recently. Its shape and size is right for a GRMN version. Why they had bothered with that smaller Yaris GRMN? I have never seen one ever, in the flesh.

In the last decade, Toyota and Nissan had gone completely soft. Nothing hot.
Atleast Honda has a Jazz sport.