• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Reportedly Wants To Bring Back The Celica And MR2

Rumple

Aug 13, 2018
London
I agree. A revival of the car that made Toyota so appealing in the late 80's early 90's would be awesome. The GT86 is good but hopefully just a start. Dynamics brilliant on that car but lacks oomph.

To be fair the same goes for Honda - I used to love Honda's back in the day...yet here I am driving a Hyundai instead of the Honda hot hatch. Hope that changes soon.

Rumple

Aug 13, 2018
London
I was also partial to the generation before too... something about pop up headlights... boy I miss them

B89C86FD-DF93-4892-8C85-EFFB276FCD20.jpeg

Reactions: vkoltouk

1FastStagea

Dec 9, 2018
Canada
Who wants to take bets on which company Toyota is going to outsource these cars' development to?

I'm thinking maybe they'll ask Nissan or Ford to build them a car this time o_O:p

vkoltouk

May 31, 2019
GREECE
I sure also hope to bring back a new Celica.... However I'm too much afraid they will bring as so called Hybrid Celica and that's will ruin my childhood fast & furious dreams.... Let's hope I'm totally wrong

Reactions: meirion

The Lone Wolve

Nov 4, 2018
cannock, south stafforshire
I saw a Corolla recently. Its shape and size is right for a GRMN version. Why they had bothered with that smaller Yaris GRMN? I have never seen one ever, in the flesh.

In the last decade, Toyota and Nissan had gone completely soft. Nothing hot.
Atleast Honda has a Jazz sport.