• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota GR Corolla

Felix

Nthusiast
Jan 15, 2020
Germany
Looks are subjective, but this thing looks GOOD.
The rear bumper is ugly though.
Not as ugly as the FL one 😉.

In general the Corolla looks great. But I'm afraid the engine won't perform as good as in the smaller / lighter Yaris.

Reactions: Raul_I30Nblue

Tom Vanlimbergen

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
For what it's worth, I' ve seen performancefigures in standardtrim off more than 300hp and 400Nm.
Predicted saleprice would be on par with the Yaris...
If that would be true, Hyundai (and all the others) would have a problem....

Raul_I30Nblue

Nthusiast
Mar 21, 2021
Madrid
For what it's worth, I' ve seen performancefigures in standardtrim off more than 300hp and 400Nm.
Predicted saleprice would be on par with the Yaris...
If that would be true, Hyundai (and all the others) would have a problem....
The thing is, if the corolla GR has the same sound as the Yaris... 😂💩

Stray Kiwi

Nthusiast
Jan 14, 2019
New Zealand
I think people need to rein in their expectations for the GR Corolla. I would expect it to be targeting the same market as the Hyundai i30N and VW Golf GTI, with FWD and an automatic/DSG/CVT option to broaden appeal and reduce R&D costs. The GR Yaris was designed from day 1 on the drawing board to be a WRC homologation special, the GR Corolla has no such stated goal so does not need to be AWD or manual. It may not be as simple or cheap as people think simply transplanting the tech from the GR Yaris over to the Corolla platform.
It all comes down to money, I doubt many people would be willing to pay Golf R prices for a Corolla even if it has similar performance, although I certainly would.

JoeyPropane

Nthusiast
Aug 5, 2021
Cambridge, UK
I think people need to rein in their expectations for the GR Corolla. I would expect it to be targeting the same market as the Hyundai i30N and VW Golf GTI, with FWD and an automatic/DSG/CVT option to broaden appeal and reduce R&D costs. The GR Yaris was designed from day 1 on the drawing board to be a WRC homologation special, the GR Corolla has no such stated goal so does not need to be AWD or manual. It may not be as simple or cheap as people think simply transplanting the tech from the GR Yaris over to the Corolla platform.
It all comes down to money, I doubt many people would be willing to pay Golf R prices for a Corolla even if it has similar performance, although I certainly would.
That was my thinking - this isn't going to be a hardcore Type R/RS Trophy/AMG A35 level hot hatch, but more like an every day, accessible, GTI or 128Ti competitor.

I hope it's a good option though, will take some of the sting out of the fact that Peugeot aren't going to make a GTI out of that VERY handsome new 308...