• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota GR 86/Subaru BRZ

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany

As you might already know the GT86/BRZ are getting successors and the reveal is now out.

Honestly I have never driven one of these cars but I have thought about it a few times because the way people are talking about them paint them as very enjoyable and fun to drive. Now they aren't that fast and I guess that bothers some people but I have learned that performance alone isn't everything. Driving feel is not something you can see on a spec sheet. I think I will actually give this new GR 86 a good look once they are in the showrooms to see if what people are saying about the predecessor are true and then I can see if the lack of grunt is bothersome to or not. I find the new one quite handsomely looking too. There is just something about the looks of a sports coupe with its low height and long hood that other forms of cars can't give you.

For all the Europeans in here. Only the GR 86 will come to Europe. The BRZ very likely won't. If that bothers you then you can thank the EU emission regulations for that. Subarus AWD/boxer cars certainly aren't known for efficiency so they have no room to spare without paying millions in fines.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
For all the Europeans in here. Only the GR 86 will come to Europe. The BRZ very likely won't. If that bothers you then you can thank the EU emission regulations for that. Subarus AWD/boxer cars certainly aren't known for efficiency so they have no room to spare without paying millions in fines.
I'm mostly salty about Nissan supposedly not bringing the new Fairlady Z to Europe... Car's an absolute beatuy.

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Interesting how engine size has gone up. Given all the emissions regulations, expected it to be the opposite :)

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
I'm mostly salty about Nissan supposedly not bringing the new Fairlady Z to Europe... Car's an absolute beatuy.
Totally agree. If the rumors are true and the car is quite a bit cheaper than the Supra it would have really been an interesting future car. I mean sure you can import one but at that point you are paying so much you might as well go for a higher tier car that is locally available.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
It's the same type boxer four punched out to 2.4 liter with 228 hp. Increasing displacement, is a normal trend for higher emissions requirements. With the flat four it's an easy proposition.
It was a pretty lackluster performer before, with only 232 hp for the global spec and 228 hp for the US, I wouldn't expect much.

Reactions: icelink