• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 WRC

Must be a great feeling seeing your car all shiny like that. Any plans for the engine as far as restoration goes?

Been informed that the glass is back in. Not long now then :cool:
Going up to see her tomorrow after work. I go away on holiday Wednesday for a fortnight so I want to see her before she appears at Oswestry show on the 15th and 16th June. The spray shop are putting her on their stand for the weekend.

Reactions: GazmaN
She's done, well almost! Original wheels being resprayed then she's done. She's going in for a full "gold package" ceramic coating that will take five days from this Saturday. When the wheels are done they are taking them down to the ceramic man and fitting them there so they can have the treatment also. Should be all good to go for Cars in the Park at Lichfield next weekend :cool:
She's back home where she belongs but the bill made me cry o_Opaint14.jpgpaint16.jpgpaint17.jpgpaint18.jpgpaint19.jpgpaint20.jpgpaint21.jpg

Congrats, the car looks fantastic.
I had an ST185 GT4 years ago that I have always regretted selling to get a sensible family car. I really wanted an ST205, but couldn’t afford it at the time.

Reactions: meirion
Just a few pics of her in almost complete form. Just need the three spokes finished and we're done.
She's looking a lot different to when I picked her up 18 months ago with rusty arches and sills and every single panel scratched, scraped, dinged or dented.

Picked her up from Ceramic PRO North Wales on Friday after work.

ceramic1.jpg

Then went straight down to "Cars in the Park" Lichfield. She got a bit of attention so that was nice :cool:
ceramic2.jpgceramic3.jpg
Just got the original wheels to be finished and ceramic coated for the final picture.

Great job Meirion, the car looks amazing. I'm in the middle of a similar project. Have a '94 ST-205 WRC J-spec, which needs a ful paint job, but first, we need to make a lhd conversion - so game on. There is absolutely no rust enywhere on the car and it ran only 97t km.

Seeing yours all shiny - let's say, it just got a lot harder to wait for the project to be over.

BTW - is it possible to get the link for that SSS kit from Russia. I don't know in what shape SS is on my car, so trying to get as much info as possible on the parts I might need.

And good luck with the project. Really helps that it's rust free. :)
Thank you.

Have you done anything to the suspension? She sits pretty low. And I love the wheels - my GT-4 is silver and I am aiming for the OZ Rally racing wheels, also in graphite :)

I've been informed that she has been slightly lowered on Teign springs. I do love the wheels but for the sake of going close to original I'm currently having the original three spoke alloys refurbished. Should be ready and ceramic coated by next week.

Wheels are done and fitted, some will hate, some will love. I actually really like them the more I look at her, they look right for the period and that's how she left the factory so that's what I want.
Last set of pictures, honest !
If anyone is going to "Passion for Power" at Tatton Park on the 17th and 18th Aug I'll be there on the toyota enthusiasts club stand.

wheels1.jpgwheels2.jpgwheels3.jpgwheels5.jpgwheels6.jpgwheels7.jpg