• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 WRC

My other baby. She's currently undergoing a full glass out respray and wheel refurbishment.
4WD with 50/50 split. 2L turbo producing 240bhp. This is the car that got Toyota banned from WRC because of a turbo cheat.
My car is the original Toyota press car. I have the press pack and three 1994 motoring magazines with my car featured. It was also driven by Clarkson on TopGear back in '94.
She's not as quick or sophisticated as the I30N but she is fun to drive and very beautiful.

forI30Nforum.jpg

simmo777

Always ALWAYS had a soft spot for the GT-4 and gen 6 Celicas :)

Had a SX-R Celica as my 2nd ever car and loved whipping around in a "hair dressers car / lady supra" as my friends would say :p:cool:

The GT-4 however... different beast!

1FastStagea

I almost bought one of these instead of my Veloster N believe it or not. Unfortunately lack of parts availability in my country swayed my choice towards the N (along with the other obvious benefits such as a great warranty).

Still one of my favourite cars.

eddie_gt4

meirion, congrats!
you own a really execptional car, but you already know this, I guess :cool:;)

my ST205 is not a WRC one, just normal FL LHD version from 1996 with ~325k km on the clock, I enjoy it on the daily basis

Last edited:
meirion, congrats!
you own a really execptional car, but you already know this, I guess :cool:;)

my ST205 is not a WRC one, just normal FL LHD version from 1996 with ~325k km on the clock, I enjoy it on the daily basis
Hi Eddie, yes I know she's "special" that's why I'm trying to do right by her. Original front indicators and repeaters are being fitted. Original 3 spoke 16" wheels are being refurbisheded also. I'm doing my best to get her as original as I can. It all costs money but I suppose that is why they have the nickname of Faffs in the UK ! :eek:

eddie_gt4

The main problem with our cars (and other older Japanese cars) is the old body, prone to rust... otherwise, it's really bulletproof with the exception of the front Super strut suspension

But recently this problem has been solved - one ST205 owner and enthusiast from Russia started producing servicable / rebuildable SSS sets that dramatically reduce costs in the longer run... I have such set in my car and can recommend it

Attachments