• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Touch up paint & stone chips

Spotted this rusting on the edge of the front side below the windscreen next to the bonnet hinge.

IMG-1406.jpg

Not sure what could have caused that. Anything you recommend to treat it with?

Looks like I have a fun Weekend ahead of me masking marks off. Driving down the motorway, the truck in front of me must of kicked up a large stone. Heard a bang on the left side. Look what I found on the left rear door...

IMG-1415.jpg

The same bloody door where my window got smashed in last week. Having a nightmare month :(

Looks like I have a fun Weekend ahead of me masking marks off. Driving down the motorway, the truck in front of me must of kicked up a large stone. Heard a bang on the left side. Look what I found on the left rear door...

IMG-1415.jpg

The same bloody door where my window got smashed in last week. Having a nightmare month :(

Sorry to see this! :(

Surely the rust is covered under warranty? Theres a separate corrosion warranty that covers for up to 10 years?

Doubt it. Any rust caused by damage will not be covered. Same for any manufacturer.

Covers paint failure, if caused by external damage in their opinion then no warranty cover.

Can someone provide us RAL-code (or some other international colour code) of Performance Blue colour (XFB)?
I´d like to order new bucket seats and ask producer to paint rear sides to PP but they are asking paint code of that colour from me.

Can someone provide us RAL-code (or some other international colour code) of Performance Blue colour (XFB)?
I´d like to order new bucket seats and ask producer to paint rear sides to PP but they are asking paint code of that colour from me.

They don't supply the RAL code, as far as I know, but in the past I've used this https://www.colorcodepicker.com Screen grab a PB picture, and then upload and use this to give you the HEX code. It won't be far off, then bung the HEX code into here https://rgb.to and it'll give you the closest match. Not ideal, but best you're going to get unless Hyundai will give you the RAL code.

Reactions: GazmaN
Thank you Emma. I bought a can of touch up paint (I need it anyway because serval times of front bumper removal, has been damaged paint on bumper). I will take it with me to the paintshop.
After they will be able to find a matching colour, I will post that code also here.

Reactions: _Emma
Hello, I recently got a lot of black spots on my paintwork and a few chips on my paintwork and I'm not 100% sure what the black spots are and whether they can be covered up with touch up paint? I ran my finger across them and they don't feel like chips, but there is a lot on my front bumper and a lot of all of the doors and some on the boot as well. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.

Hello, I recently got a lot of black spots on my paintwork and a few chips on my paintwork and I'm not 100% sure what the black spots are and whether they can be covered up with touch up paint? I ran my finger across them and they don't feel like chips, but there is a lot on my front bumper and a lot of all of the doors and some on the boot as well. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.

Is it tar? You can buy tar removers there’s some recommendations in a thread somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it