• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

TOOK A TUMBLE, OUCH!!

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Well started the year out right!!:p

Took a tumble this morning, hit the bullnose corner of the window sill and bit through, just below my lower lip. Yep, all the way thru. I could stick my tongue out without opening my mouth. Bleed like a stuck pig, 4cm cut, 4 hours in the emergency room, six stitches outside and 4 inside. I think its improved my looks somewhat!!:p

I'll save you the photos it's not pretty, unless you really want to see them. Doing alright!! Left chin is a bit bit sore. However, the window sill is going to need some drywall repair and paint though. I put a pretty good dent in it. :eek::D

So, it's an easy day of nothing today and tomorrow. Hell of a way to get a couple days off.o_O:D

Last edited:
Not as bad as it sounds. However a bit painful and I feel a lot better being back at home once again.
hopefully heals up pretty soon! and know what you mean, being in the ER isn't the best experience especially when you have to wait...

I'm warning you don't click on the thumbnail if you have a queasy nature.
hopefully heals up pretty soon! and know what you mean, being in the ER isn't the best experience especially when you have to wait...
Yeah, my lower lip is swelling a bit more and my jaw is pretty sore.:(

Attachments

• IMG_1436 2.jpeg
    IMG_1436 2.jpeg
    705.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Glad you are okay @R Veloster N. Fear not, this should just enhance your 'rugged handsomeness' - chicks dig scars ;)
Thank you, me also!! I've got my share of scars. If I keep this up, I'll look like Frankenstein's Monster.:eek::p
I bet that experience was not pleasant whatsoever. At least you’re ok @RVN.
No, it wasn't pleasant but at least I didn't bite off the tongue or knock out any teeth.;)

I've always had a strong chin from boxing and it looks like it helped in this instance as well. At least my wife didn't pass out and it was just past our 45th Anniversary.:)

Doc, did a good job sewing me up too. I'm grateful for sure!:)

Last edited:
I feel your pain :eek:. Similar thing happened to me in my younger days. My lower lip landed on a garden stake. Like you, I was able to stick my tongue out with my mouth closed. It's pretty cool to be able to tell people that :p. My injury didn't look quite as bad as yours, but I sill have the scar. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Exterior of the mouth is healing fairly quickly but I found another deep cut they never stitched on the inside, near the bottom of the gumline and jaw. It's healing nicely but is sore. Found it's a bit of a chore to eat as well.

More Advil and ice a la carte!!:p

Stumbled across this thread, pun not intended in any way at all...seems a good thread to depict our injuries o_O
I haven't driven my car since the 4th of Jan as I tore a cartilage in my hip while running.
The thing I miss the most, is driving.
Only perk is that it helps me with my mileage a bit :cool:
Hopefully driving again by the weekend when off the crutches.

That's ok, levity takes the sting and mental anguish away. We all just do dumb things from time to time and have deal with the consequences and aftermath.:)

You will, that I'm certain of. Everything takes time to heal and if you're in good shape physically and mentally, it will take a shorter period of time. Seven days into the my injury I removed the stitches inside and out. It's healed well and can barely be noticed.

I'm 64 and it doesn't get any easier but staying in good condition mentally and physically helps immensely.

Reactions: Danscfc
The original lacerations. I've stitched myself up before in the field and countless other soldiers. Battlefield surgery and triage is not pretty but effective. Stitches are easy to put in and even easier to remove.
IMG_1029.jpeg

Last edited:
The original lacerations. I've stitched myself up before in the field and countless others. Battlefield surgery and triage is not pretty but effective. Stitches are easy to put in and even easier to remove.
View attachment 11034
I actually thought that in your post that I quoted from, "I removed the stitches" was a typo, meaning you had the stitches removed (by a nurse or doctor).

A while back, I tried removing stitches in my wrist with a stitch cutter. No go. Even the nurse that eventually removed them had trouble, that's how tight the surgeon had sewn them.