• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres Tire skipping on full lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazzles

Sep 4, 2019
Belgium
Hi,
As the title says, ive got severe tyre skip under full steering lock.
Now i know this is somewhat normal because of de limited slip diff but as of recently it got alot worse. It almost feels like a welded diff ona rwd car...
I dont know the detailed workings of an electronic lsd on a fwd car, but is there a possibility that it gets 'stuck' in a firmer than necessary setting somehow? Its especially bad in the cold and wet due to less tyre grip.
Even under no acceleration (180 degree turn in first gear on idle rpm) feels like the front is pushing out and it feels and sounds very harsh on the car.

Hoping someone can shed some light :)

Edit: its a 2019 fastback N

It's very bad on the N but nothing to worry about. :) You can't adjust the LSD other than the settings under the custom mode.

Hi,
As the title says, ive got severe tyre skip under full steering lock.
Now i know this is somewhat normal because of de limited slip diff but as of recently it got alot worse. It almost feels like a welded diff ona rwd car...
I dont know the detailed workings of an electronic lsd on a fwd car, but is there a possibility that it gets 'stuck' in a firmer than necessary setting somehow? Its especially bad in the cold and wet due to less tyre grip.
Even under no acceleration (180 degree turn in first gear on idle rpm) feels like the front is pushing out and it feels and sounds very harsh on the car.

Hoping someone can shed some light :)

Edit: its a 2019 fastback N
Mine also does this and just put it down to the elsd and the tire compound hardening during colder / freezing weather.
Be interesting to here some other comment though as that was just my assumption haha.

Mine is doing this too, does my head in as its so cold recently, does it all the time from cold, sounds quite loud when turning as if wheel is skipping, thought it was something more serious till looked it up on this forum.

I will sum up all the existing threads (again). Saves you reading them: change the tyres for wintertyres when temperatures drop under 7°c. Problem solved.
Changing the Pirellis for Michelin PS4s also helps, but in wintertempetatures you can still hear / feal it a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.