• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Time to say goodbye

Welsh i30N

Nthusiast
May 31, 2018
Wales
Hi All
Sadly my I30N days are over. The cost to do the 4 year service (£500 plus) , the lack of accessories and the mods needed to improve the car are too expensive. I traded my low mileage 2017 car in and got top book so happy. Now joined the German hot hatch owners.
Take care All.

Please stop back on occasion and say hello. Happy you got what you wanted and are driving what you desire and require.

Sad to see you go but as Shakespeare said; “ parting is such sweet sorrow.”

What German hatchback did you end up with?

Must be VW ;-) One does not save going to MB or BMW. I remember having normal maintenances for my MB C180 around that price.

I will piggy back on your thread soon. What did you go with?

I feel like I should add a little more clarity with regards to reason. Car overall is great, it drives well, makes you happy and has minimum issues. Just in my own experience, I've had it for a month at the dealership for gearbox fix, then intermittent start problems along with alarm. That's just my experience of trying to get it fixed and unfortunately failing. Alarm issues got into my head pretty deeply as I couldn't trust the car to lock it in the normal way after the fix was done. Unfortunately didn't help. Head office was a little useless.

Anyone who is reading this and considering buying one, please give the car an honest go. Test drive, ask questions. Check that you have good dealerships in your area. I personally couldn't continue going to the one where the car was purchased as it was a 1.5 hour drive in one direction. They[cars] don't have major problems and are lots of fun. I've simply had a little enough and was offered a deal on p/x that I am happy with.

Last edited:
This must be becoming one of the most sold-on cars in the UK judging by here and the Facebook UK group.

Hyundai seem to be losing more people than gaining them......:(

This must be becoming one of the most sold-on cars in the UK judging by here and the Facebook UK group.

I hope that is an illusion simply because people are more likely to express their dissatisfaction online. they do need to step up their game with DCT i30n and Kona N coming in soon. but hey, I will be nosing around here and there, it's a nice community to lurk around

Reactions: GazmaN
So £500 in 4 years is expensive for this type of car?
No he said the cost of the service in year 4 is £500. is this really the case?
As for problems my 3 year old only had the alarm issue which was fixed. A friend had a golf r which had loads of problems which weren't fixed in 2 years (he got rid).I'll be considering the new i30n if the price is right .

No he said the cost of the service in year 4 is £500. is this really the case?
I paid £450 for mine. This is a fairly standard service price for a fourth year, in my experience. My old swift sport was £500 for the third service, abarth was over £400 too.

Loads of people are up on their PCP I think so ditching them rather paying the balloon payment too

ALOT of kids on FB are buying them realising that they cant afford them and buying older more powerful cars with plenty of mod upgrades.

As Emma said alot of pcp / leases are coming to an end but you'll always get the "selling to buy a house, only had it 3 weeks now i want a house out of the blue" muppets lol

@Kev_G

100% mate. I had my diplomatic head on there again.
The FB group is hilarious at times. Wish I could of "afforded" a car like the N in my early twenties. (Oh wait I couldn't and wouldn't have tried to....lol).

Shame that long term owners are selling due to lack of faith in the dealership system though

that fb group you all are talking about is making me consider to register a fake account just to see all the stuff that is appearing in there. perhaps mine will go up "weekend car, only groceries shopping, never abused, carefully used. quick sale as I am moving abroad on a job that doesn't exist" lol

Reactions: loafer-N77
Sorry to see you go. This car still ticks the boxes for us and it’s amazing that after over 3 years you still hear people comment on the car as you drive by or park up.

Its a thirsty bugger but I made peace with that fact a LONG time ago.

And as others have noted, this is around the 36 month mark for the early adopters on PCP so that’s not surprising.

Good luck for the future @Welsh i30N

OK so I will keep in touch.
The reason I sold my car was due to the value left in it after owning it for 3 years. It had 9000 miles and very few stone chips (one wheel required re-polishing as well after I tried to fix it after minor curb rash). I am also the wrong side of 40 so the car was a bit "loud" LOL and stood out as it blew several Golf GTI's away as well as other hot hatches.
I did go German, 2017 Audi S3 Black Edition 7 speed auto from a dealer who gave me £18,200 for my 2017 car (with no winter pack, no heated seats) and £££ off the Audi used asking price. The Audi has recently had new brakes and Haldex service. Aircon was also serviced and came with 12 month Audi Warranty. Audi service plan including one minor and one major service was £374.
I do miss the touch screen in the Hyundai and the cars simple functional controls as the Audi MMI screen can take some getting used to and could do with updating.
I have already replaced all the chrome badges with black ones and fitted a non Audi reverse camera. With VCDS and a laptop I programmed the MMI to also show the reverse sensors on the MMI screen. Camera looks OEM and cost less than £150 with 3 hours to fit.
Take care and all stay Covid Safe.