• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Time to say goodbye

Good for you on the Audi. Excellent product, with great longevity and far better service.

Try the RS3 with the 5 cylinder Turbo motor. It's wicked, like the TTRS.😀👍

Yes, I can only laugh at uneducated people that from the word go, and consistently since, have said the I30N value will ‘plummet’. I’d say getting £21,000 from an INSURANCE COMPANY for a 32 month old car is pretty good.

And nearly £19k isn’t bad at all after 3 years is it?

Good luck with the new car mate and don’t be stranger to these forums.

Reactions: Greggys01 and _Emma
@Kev_G

100% mate. I had my diplomatic head on there again.
The FB group is hilarious at times. Wish I could of "afforded" a car like the N in my early twenties. (Oh wait I couldn't and wouldn't have tried to....lol).

Shame that long term owners are selling due to lack of faith in the dealership system though
Good job i dont have to lol I wouldnt have tried to in my early 20's even if i could have tbh. All for the gram these days it seems.

@Kev_G @loafer-N77 this made me snort laugh 😂 I lasted about an hour in the FB group, I couldn’t hack it at all.
I've got it on mute as so many foetus's joining thinking they know it all. Help them and they physically want to fight you. One lads been banned 3 times but let him back on a warning......... Then he threatens someone and goes round in circles.

• Haha
Reactions: _Emma
Don't know why owners who can't do their own maintenance don't go to a trusted independent mechanic, it won't void the warranty and you'll get a proper service by a person whose reputation is on the line if he does a bad job. I do all my servicing and have done for every vehicle I've ever owned and that includes motorcycles.

Don't know why owners who can't do their own maintenance don't go to a trusted independent mechanic, it won't void the warranty and you'll get a proper service by a person whose reputation is on the line if he does a bad job. I do all my servicing and have done for every vehicle I've ever owned and that includes motorcycles.
You're very lucky that you're trade-qualified. I've always done my own cars once warranty has expired. There's certainly none of the first five scheduled services that Hyundai do that I can't do on my own, but if I do - warranty voided. Hell, the factory service tossers that I used to let touch my car couldn't even change wiper blades without damaging the car. Bloody frustrating.

Reactions: Jajodu
You're very lucky that you're trade-qualified. I've always done my own cars once warranty has expired. There's certainly none of the first five scheduled services that Hyundai do that I can't do on my own, but if I do - warranty voided. Hell, the factory service tossers that I used to let touch my car couldn't even change wiper blades without damaging the car. Bloody frustrating.

Standards seem to be getting worse. It appears that everytime you leave a car with an ‘approved’ dealer/service centre, they either can’t do the basics, or they damage your car for good measure.

I have a friend who I use for everything.Him and his employees treat the car like it’s their own, and call a spade a spade as well.

a dying breed.

in my case I've gone to both(mainstream dealership and a small family owned one) with zero to no result unfortunately. service was fine, solving problems unfortunately didn't get me where I wanted to be. that is purely my experience and I will say it again, whoever is considering this car should give it a shot. I have certainly enjoyed driving it. especially during my trip to scotland.

OK so I will keep in touch.
The reason I sold my car was due to the value left in it after owning it for 3 years. It had 9000 miles and very few stone chips (one wheel required re-polishing as well after I tried to fix it after minor curb rash). I am also the wrong side of 40 so the car was a bit "loud" LOL and stood out as it blew several Golf GTI's away as well as other hot hatches.
I did go German, 2017 Audi S3 Black Edition 7 speed auto from a dealer who gave me £18,200 for my 2017 car (with no winter pack, no heated seats) and £££ off the Audi used asking price. The Audi has recently had new brakes and Haldex service. Aircon was also serviced and came with 12 month Audi Warranty. Audi service plan including one minor and one major service was £374.
I do miss the touch screen in the Hyundai and the cars simple functional controls as the Audi MMI screen can take some getting used to and could do with updating.
I have already replaced all the chrome badges with black ones and fitted a non Audi reverse camera. With VCDS and a laptop I programmed the MMI to also show the reverse sensors on the MMI screen. Camera looks OEM and cost less than £150 with 3 hours to fit.
Take care and all stay Covid Safe.

Im on the wrong side of 50, but thankfully my inner child absolutely loves the loud sound. Im the sure Remus thats in the post will make me smile more :)

Have fun!

Reactions: GazmaN
My story was more like, watching youtube. People saying service cost is cheap, great service everywhere. I drive aprox 15k a year.

Well I took it, I had to choose between:
I30N Project C 40k euros, doing 10k "cheap" services
Golf R 7.5 42k euros
- got a service contract offer too late for 9,90 a month/120 a year

But I still had the info services are cheap around 180-200 euros and 60k a little more.
Now I pay 280 for my first 10k service.
A friend showed me his 60k bill and it was 500 euros.
Then I asked how much up till now? He said 280+280+350+280+280+500, and he has now the 70k and the 90k will be even more than the 60k.

It is a great car, but the first thing I had for example paying 150euros for the premium pick up service. Then me and the salesman realise the carbon hood is faulty everywhere. I waited 6 months for a new Hood. At the end I realised they lied to me and just polished the hell out of my hood, the clearcoat on the new hood now is very tiny.
There is still no Warranty solution for the gearbox, I asked today. The synchronisers are just a testing solution, was I told and should not be fitted into the Project C.

The last thing that made me loose faith in this was, the main reason I bought the car was, that it is limited to 600 pieces. The reality is they stopped production because warious problems at aprox 400.
Thats not bad, but leaves a very bad Image about the car and the biggest problem is I saw one guy on ebay selling the left over parts on FB. Great, not.

And yes also in the german groups a lot of people are selling they i30N, attacking people because of it and the Project C is not even sold out after 1 Year at 400 pieces tops.

I can not afford to do a swap now, but I hope after 5 Years when the warranty is over, I will sell it. And I will be older and need a more oldmans fast car. Maybe electric.

PS: I dont know why but even driving slow in ECO mode I am using 10L/100km. With my old GTI was 6,5L on the same road no problem. Even if I round it up, its 2-3L difference. But the weight should not be the problem, I removed the back seats and its a project c which should be light.

Mixed feelings indeed.