• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Rick Straw

May 14, 2020
Hey Red, I bought the same Ultra Racing upper Strut Bar and front lower bar. Install of Strut Bar very easy, without instruction. The lower bar looks like I have to disconnect/remove lower control arm to get the supplied Bolt/welded washer in place? BTW, bought UR upper strut and front lower 4-pt bars for wife's 2020 Palisade same time. Thirty minute max to install both. It's still an SUV, just tighter now ;-). My VN goes to track and autocross, can't wait to try out next season! Alas, winter wheels and tires also installed this weekend, so not a real test carried out.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
When you say ‘aerodynamically proven’ what exactly do you mean? I say that because a wing on a front wheel drive car is of questionable benefit and is likely to reduce top speed by increasing drag.
It’s all about traction. Rather FWD, RWD or AWD, rather additional down force from a rear wing, rear diffuser, side splitter or front aero splitter the car will benefit in traction.

More downforce will ultimately reduce top speed. However, this is where engine upgrades come in. To overcome the reduction in top speed, the car has to make more power.

I’m no where near stock, so it’s use has already been thought about and is already in hand. I already have side, rear, front splitters and additional front winglets.👍🇺🇸

Last edited:

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Hey Red, I bought the same Ultra Racing upper Strut Bar and front lower bar. Install of Strut Bar very easy, without instruction. The lower bar looks like I have to disconnect/remove lower control arm to get the supplied Bolt/welded washer in place? BTW, bought UR upper strut and front lower 4-pt bars for wife's 2020 Palisade same time. Thirty minute max to install both. It's still an SUV, just tighter now ;-). My VN goes to track and autocross, can't wait to try out next season! Alas, winter wheels and tires also installed this weekend, so not a real test carried out.
Are you referring to the Ultra Racing front FRONT SUBFRAME TIE (2 POINTS)?
IMG_7678__60020.1644303951.jpg

If so it just requires two bolts to be removed.👍🇺🇸

Rick Straw

May 14, 2020
I am referring to the Ultra Racing Front Subframe Tie (2 Point) for Veloster N. My pictures attached. Comes with 2 bolts (with rectangle washer welded), 2 fender washers and 2 plain metric (grade 8 M10 x 1.25) hex nuts. I added locking split washers. Even though there is no cutting required of lower splash panel like Pierce 2-pt, I will have to remove this brace to remove lower panel, opted for split washer rather than loctite every time.

I had to grind down heads of bolts so that they could fit in subframe hole. This bolt/washer rotates around and contacts inside of subframe to tighten/loosen nuts. This did not affect integrity of weld IMHO. I could have pulled lower control arms as alternate to locate into proper position, but that is more PITA.

Installed now, done.

Attachments

• IMG_6280.pdf
    211.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6278.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6277.pdf
    314.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6276.pdf
    359.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6270.pdf
    325.5 KB · Views: 3

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
New EK1 Lite Flash Tuner just arrived from SXTH ELEMENT;😃👍🇺🇸
C2E013E2-00FD-490A-A919-8C18A080194D.jpegC6D2A79D-6175-447C-B33B-18ABA5DB4B1A.jpeg
No more having to jail break an OEM ECU, just plug it in and upload tunes. Nice to have all the tunes available to switch between at a push of a button. Uploads the original OEM tune and maintains it in reserve.👍🇺🇸

Last edited:

YNWaN

Nthusiast
Sep 22, 2021
UK
What‘s CFPR (carbon fibre print?) please? Also, are they not the ones I’ve seen on AliExpress then - they are CF pattern printed onto ABS?

Last edited:

YNWaN

Nthusiast
Sep 22, 2021
UK
Actually I did mean printed. You can buy ABS sheet with a CF pattern printed on it (I’ve used it). One side is high gloss with the silver CF printing. To be honest CFPR means that short strands of CF are introduced into the plastic to strengthen it - but it doesn’t give any CF weave effect because there’s no woven fibre used.