• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

The N car experience. Stash-N

It's a warm nice afternoon in Adelaide, isn't it?
Sunny, 36C..
It's been really nice here too @Stash-N, got in the car and thought of you. :p

View attachment 4905

The difference is only 44 degrees, no biggie. :p
LOL!! My goodness, I really don't know how you guys deal with that for months on end. And all this talk of "winter wheels and tyres" just has me shaking my head. Stay warm, our Northern frieNds!

It's a warm nice afternoon in Adelaide, isn't it?
Sunny, 36C..
It's been really nice here too @Stash-N, got in the car and thought of you. :p

View attachment 4905

The difference is only 44 degrees, no biggie. :p
Not even hot here yet. Highest I have seen on the dash is 38C so far so not even cracking the 40's yet.
This coming week may be interesting though. No need for snow chains but the PZeros may get a little sticky.
1547261423851.jpeg

Holy grilled smoked cow. o_O

Your UV Index be like:

giphy.gif

Hey @Stash-N are you planning on gracing us with a 5000km update? You must be getting close to this milestone and I keenly anticipate hearing about your thoughts since last post.

If you are totally flat-out or otherwise engaged, all good and no pressure...but regardless, are you planning on dropping oil and filter and replacing them at the 'halfway mark'?

Hey @Stash-N are you planning on gracing us with a 5000km update? You must be getting close to this milestone and I keenly anticipate hearing about your thoughts since last post.

If you are totally flat-out or otherwise engaged, all good and no pressure...but regardless, are you planning on dropping oil and filter and replacing them at the 'halfway mark'?
Hi @GazmaN. It is true that I am approaching the 5000 km milestone. I am not intending to have an oil change at this point as I did have one done at 2300 km (wanted it changed at 1500 km but my dealer did not have the correct oil so ended up at 2300 km by the time the oil arrived..)
I have had some health issues and could not drive the car for 4 weeks. This made me sad. :( Back driving now and on the mend.
Not sure I have much to add to my N-car Experience that is worth reading. I am planning a trip with the car to Tasmania around September so if this comes to fruition then I may have plenty to write about and some photos too.

Last edited:
Hi @GazmaN. It is true that I am approaching the 5000 km milestone. I am not intending to have an oil change at this point as I did have one done at 2300 km (wanted it changed at 1500 km but my dealer did not have the correct oil so ended up at 2300 km by the time the oil arrived..)
I have had some heath issues and could not drive the car for 4 weeks. This made me sad. :( Back driving now and on the mend.
Not sure I have much to add to my N-car Experience that is worth reading. I am planning a trip with the car to Tasmania around September so if this comes to fruition then I may have plenty to write about and some photos too.
Sorry to hear that you were unwell, mate - but glad you are back on the horse. Fingers crossed you and the N can make it across the Strait, a great driving holiday with some picturesque scenery would be pretty much guaranteed :cool:. Be well in the meantime, all the best ;).

I have had some health issues and could not drive the car for 4 weeks. This made me sad. :( Back driving now and on the mend.
Hey Stash,
If you doing the Tassie trip in September give me a hoy and perhaps we could catch up for a coffee before you board the Spirit.

Reactions: Stash-N
@Stash-N I see you are at 9000km already. We were neck and neck mileage-wise there for a bit but you've gapped me :). Obviously enjoying the N car experience. Any issues to speak of, or just hassle-free motoring?
Without seemingly blowing too much smoke up Hyundai's nether regions I am travelling trouble free. My biggest issue is having to go to work 5 days a week which restricts my driving time. :eek:
I think I am developing some deep smile lines on my face from driving the car for the last 8 and a bit months though. Truly the most fun I have had owning a car. Fingers crossed this enjoyment keeps on keeping on. :cool::)

Without seemingly blowing too much smoke up Hyundai's nether regions I am travelling trouble free. My biggest issue is having to go to work 5 days a week which restricts my driving time. :eek:
I think I am developing some deep smile lines on my face from driving the car for the last 8 and a bit months though. Truly the most fun I have had owning a car. Fingers crossed this enjoyment keeps on keeping on. :cool::)

....so I had my 20k service done last week :p @Stash-N @GazmaN

....so I had my 20k service done last week :p @Stash-N @GazmaN
Hi @simmo777
You must have had more free time to devote to driving the car than I have managed to find.
Colour me jealous. I will have to lift my game. ;)
I am not sure if you have posted your experience of reaching 20 K
Love to hear info like:
Fuel economy.
Tyre life / what you have now if not the PZeros.
Warranty issues if any.
Any other relevant data about the car and your experiences with it. :cool::)

Reactions: GazmaN and simmo777
Hi @simmo777
You must have had more free time to devote to driving the car than I have managed to find.
Colour me jealous. I will have to lift my game. ;)
I am not sure if you have posted your experience of reaching 20 K
Love to hear info like:
Fuel economy.
Tyre life / what you have now if not the PZeros.
Warranty issues if any.
Any other relevant data about the car and your experiences with it. :cool::)

Sorry for your loss :p For the better or worse I do around 500km a week with work and social combined so it adds up quickly! I hope I don't get flamed for sharing some of the information here and not on other posts but I've been busy lately.

Fuel economy: 9.8L/100km historically over 20,000km (heavy 25 year old right foot ;))

Tyres: Currently looking at Michelin PS4 or Potenza RE003. P Zeros are at the end of useful life 2 x barely legal 2 x probably 15-20% life left and considerable loss of overall grip. Not happy in the slightest with these tyres

Warranty: I reported the heat shields on the turbo / exhaust headers for rattling (Sounds like engine bay - assume some shielding has become loose from wheel hop vibration before I got powerflex bushes). At the 20km service they told me it's not the heat shields but the baffle from the rear muffler which is not covered under warranty as I have a res delete. Quoted me just over $3,000.00 AUD for SUPPLY ONLY of rear muffler... I walked away laughing... Went home and tightened all the heat shields I could find/reach for myself the next morning and rattle has significantly reduced. Not saying the res delete kills rear mufflers but it is surprising they pointed to the res delete and blamed that for the rear muffler which, in my professional opinion, is not the issue with the rattle from engine bay. Again no noises from Sport / N / Custom it's just back in normal mode windows down you sometimes get a faint rattle / vibration.

Gearbox and steering felt like new after 20km service and all they did was adjust inspect to factory.

I've 2 maybe 3 hard starts (not for a while - assumed fuel or electrical gremlin) and I did have the temp gauge go to just below 3/4 up a bit on a hot day zooming around (yet oil below halfway) and a few other niggly things like infotainment resets but all in all nothing "wrong" to report.

Would buy this car again in a heart beat. Multiple conversations have been started and friendships driving it around and talking to car guys, especially some of the older enthusiasts who want to see what the fuss is about from Hyundai.

Also touch wood my rims are 100% untouched/no gutter rash - I guess that's the beauty of being the only driver :cool:

Any other questions are welcome!

Sorry for your loss :p For the better or worse I do around 500km a week with work and social combined so it adds up quickly! I hope I don't get flamed for sharing some of the information here and not on other posts but I've been busy lately.

Fuel economy: 9.8L/100km historically over 20,000km (heavy 25 year old right foot ;))

Tyres: Currently looking at Michelin PS4 or Potenza RE003. P Zeros are at the end of useful life 2 x barely legal 2 x probably 15-20% life left and considerable loss of overall grip. Not happy in the slightest with these tyres

Warranty: I reported the heat shields on the turbo / exhaust headers for rattling (Sounds like engine bay - assume some shielding has become loose from wheel hop vibration before I got powerflex bushes). At the 20km service they told me it's not the heat shields but the baffle from the rear muffler which is not covered under warranty as I have a res delete. Quoted me just over $3,000.00 AUD for SUPPLY ONLY of rear muffler... I walked away laughing... Went home and tightened all the heat shields I could find/reach for myself the next morning and rattle has significantly reduced. Not saying the res delete kills rear mufflers but it is surprising they pointed to the res delete and blamed that for the rear muffler which, in my professional opinion, is not the issue with the rattle from engine bay. Again no noises from Sport / N / Custom it's just back in normal mode windows down you sometimes get a faint rattle / vibration.

Gearbox and steering felt like new after 20km service and all they did was adjust inspect to factory.

I've 2 maybe 3 hard starts (not for a while - assumed fuel or electrical gremlin) and I did have the temp gauge go to just below 3/4 up a bit on a hot day zooming around (yet oil below halfway) and a few other niggly things like infotainment resets but all in all nothing "wrong" to report.

Would buy this car again in a heart beat. Multiple conversations have been started and friendships driving it around and talking to car guys, especially some of the older enthusiasts who want to see what the fuss is about from Hyundai.

Also touch wood my rims are 100% untouched/no gutter rash - I guess that's the beauty of being the only driver :cool:

Nice read. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and experiences with the car.
Most workshops / dealers are going to blame any mod (Res Delete in this case) if they can to avoid a warranty claim. $3k for a rear muffler! Thought we bought Hyundai and not Ferrari.

Only one driver is the key to my success too I would say. Sounds like your lack of big dramas mirrors mine at this point which is nice considering you have twice my mileage at this point. :cool::)
Hope my luck holds for a few years yet.

22,000kms done here too. No warranty claims as yet, though I occasionally get the difficulty engaging 6th gear and the infotainment reboots itself every so often. The dealer has updated the software twice now. Knock on wood it hasn't occurred again since the last service.

My biggest issue is parts availability. On a recent cruise I hit an animal and I need a new front bumper amongst some other bits and pieces. Been waiting for a month now and reading the Facebook groups, some people have been waiting a lot longer and in some cases their cars are stuck with the repairer. Parts for our N's are rare so ticking the hire car option in your insurance policy may not be a bad idea. Lucky mine is still driveable, I just have no front left turn signal/DRL at the moment and some duct tape holding my ripped bumper together. :oops:

22,000kms done here too. No warranty claims as yet, though I occasionally get the difficulty engaging 6th gear and the infotainment reboots itself every so often. The dealer has updated the software twice now. Knock on wood it hasn't occurred again since the last service.

My biggest issue is parts availability. On a recent cruise I hit an animal and I need a new front bumper amongst some other bits and pieces. Been waiting for a month now and reading the Facebook groups, some people have been waiting a lot longer and in some cases their cars are stuck with the repairer. Parts for our N's are rare so ticking the hire car option in your insurance policy may not be a bad idea. Lucky mine is still driveable, I just have no front left turn signal/DRL at the moment and some duct tape holding my ripped bumper together. :oops:
I was there and watched it happen, still waiting for your parts stig_3754 ☹ see you Saturday