• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

The i30N hits New Zealand - All Black ;)

@ InsanateePrawn:
Haha, that was when I was purposely doing a few loops (northshore --> helensville --> westgate ---> ponsonby --> northshore) to complete engine break-in.
Managed to cover 1,200km in 2 days. It was painful since the "N" button was right there but I forced myself to stick to "Normal" mode and below 3000rpm.

Damn! and I thought my 2 weeks to and from work in "Eco" was quick!

Are you on the Shore too? - I went to North Harbour Hyundai to test drive a Performance Blue N but they sold it within the 2 hours of me calling to actually getting in to see it after work. Ended up getting my red one from Manukau a day later. - Almost wondering now if that was yours haha.

Keen for a coffee meet up at the beach sometime too, Rothesay Bay is good for parking up and there's a great coffee place up the road (not biased because it's my local).

@ Hey InsanateePrawn, haha.
Yup, I am also from the North shore.
I think that was somebody else`s Performace Blue.
On the day I picked up my N, I also saw another Performance Blue at the yard but without a number plate.
I put my deposit in April and it had been such a long wait until I finally got my hands on the N in early October.

That sounds great. I am available on this Sunday and anytime during following weekends.
Would you guys be available on this Sunday? Or anytime from next weekend is all fine with me.

Let us know the name of the coffee place and i am more than happy to come and see you guys.
Let`s also take a nice group "N" photos and show off to our cousins in Aus haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN
@ Hey InsanateePrawn, haha.
Yup, I am also from the North shore.
I think that was somebody else`s Performace Blue.
On the day I picked up my N, I also saw another Performance Blue at the yard but without a number plate.
I put my deposit in April and it had been such a long wait until I finally got my hands on the N in early October.

That sounds great. I am available on this Sunday and anytime during following weekends.
Would you guys be available on this Sunday? Or anytime from next weekend is all fine with me.

Let us know the name of the coffee place and i am more than happy to come and see you guys.
Let`s also take a nice group "N" photos and show off to our cousins in Aus haha.
I believe 'cuzzie-bros' is the correct terminology ;)

Haha I like your terminology.

Btw guys, anybody available on next Saturday(8th Dec) for the coffee meetup?

@car rally, sorry for the delay in response.
I just came back from an urgent business trip and I was unable to check the forum.

I think I have to push back the coffee meetup to January due to this unforseen works need to be done before the year end. Sorry!

@[U]InsanateePrawn[/U]
I saw you this morninng around 7am when I was driving to my work. My "N" sensor was telling me that another "N" was within 100m range from my position haha.
A red "N" heading to Mairangi Bay, it must be you haha.
Great looking Engine Red "N".

@[U]InsanateePrawn[/U]
I saw you this morninng around 7am when I was driving to my work. My "N" sensor was telling me that another "N" was within 100m range from my position haha.
A red "N" heading to Mairangi Bay, it must be you haha.
Great looking Engine Red "N".

Haha... You'd be right! You'll usually see me zipping all over the place... I'm surprised my neighbours haven't complained, the N even in normal mode is substantially louder than my SS-V was o_O

Toot and wave like a madman next time you see me, I'll be sure to notice then :D

Next time, I will wave like a mad tiger haha.
Nice selection of toys you have.
I really liked VF SS-V`s bi-modal exhaust note when we borrowed a benchmark car for a local suspension tune on its 3.3L TwinTurbo Korean rival :cool:

Hi Racingcar, as you know there is no special retail offer on i30N from hyundai NZ.
The deal you get is purely depends on how you negotiate with your local dealer. Hence, it may vary.
For my N, I got the ORC (on road cost) support from a dealer since it was not the first time buying a car from the same dealer.

Reactions: Peter Harris
For your guys with the N how is it at open road speeds. What are the revs at 110kph.
I have not test driven on yet, only sat in it. But wondering what its like to cruise in.
Currently have a LS3 Holden V8. But want something a bit less thirsty. But still cruises open road well.

Also what are the service costs in NZ for each service. Local dealer wont really tell me until I drive car etc. Which I dont want to do at this stage.

Last edited:
Kia ora everyone. I've looked seriously at buying an i30N, I've test driven one but sadly I was not able to sample the cars full performance potential as it only had 47km on the odometer. The handling in the dry is far better than my current Mazda 6 MPS which has AWD. How does the i30N handle when the road is wet and you are trying to push on? Do you get much understeer?

Kia ora everyone. I've looked seriously at buying an i30N, I've test driven one but sadly I was not able to sample the cars full performance potential as it only had 47km on the odometer. The handling in the dry is far better than my current Mazda 6 MPS which has AWD. How does the i30N handle when the road is wet and you are trying to push on? Do you get much understeer?
It's a firm ride. More likely to slide than understeer in the wet under pressure .. #lovingmyi30N

Reactions: Stray Kiwi
For your guys with the N how is it at open road speeds. What are the revs at 110kph.
I have not test driven on yet, only sat in it. But wondering what its like to cruise in.
Currently have a LS3 Holden V8. But want something a bit less thirsty. But still cruises open road well.

Also what are the service costs in NZ for each service. Local dealer wont really tell me until I drive car etc. Which I dont want to do at this stage.
go for a test drive … not sure why revs at 110kph are necessarily a good measure of performance - depends what gear you're in and which drive mode... this car has to be the tops, I have owned Vauxhall Nova GTE, Peugeot 205 GTI, Golf GTI, Mini Cooper S, BMW Z3, Fiat Uno Turbo as a hot hatch, this baby beats them all hands down for shear fun .. and a normal mode for driving around the local neighbourhood without upsetting the neighbours ;)

go for a test drive … not sure why revs at 110kph are necessarily a good measure of performance - depends what gear you're in and which drive mode... this car has to be the tops, I have owned Vauxhall Nova GTE, Peugeot 205 GTI, Golf GTI, Mini Cooper S, BMW Z3, Fiat Uno Turbo as a hot hatch, this baby beats them all hands down for shear fun .. and a normal mode for driving around the local neighbourhood without upsetting the neighbours ;)
Check this our for performance in the wet ....

Check this out for performance in the wet ...

oh mans i have only just seen this ,
Im a Kiwi living in Aussie, I have a micron grey Lux spec. I really hope the i30 N takes off in NZ
What is the price like over there for these beasts ?

Reactions: Peter Harris