• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

The great part challenge

MrDeeJay

Apr 14, 2018
Scotland
Long story short, I do the outside cleaning of my car, my good lady does the inside.
Today she comes to me and says, "this got sucked up the hoover". She reckons it came from the driver side, but I have looked everywhere and can't for the life of me, work out where the hell it came from.

Any ideas peeps? My ocd is in overdrive :(o_O

what part1.JPG
what part2.JPG
what part3.JPG

Reactions: _Emma and Mikemr305

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
This has kept us both quiet for at least 15 minutes and not arguing...but we're still none the wiser what this is 😂

Reactions: MrDeeJay

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
Look under the steering column there’s a little hole here but not sure it’s the right shape? Mine doesn’t have anything in it but looks like it should

Last edited:

MrDeeJay

Apr 14, 2018
Scotland
Nah, definitely not the hoover. It's all silver gray plastic, dyson cordless thing. No joy. :confused:

As embarassing as that would have been.

I'm thinking, end of a seat rail or something from under the seat, but can't see similar on the passenger side.

J BOB

Aug 17, 2018
wigan
Nah, definitely not the hoover. It's all silver gray plastic, dyson cordless thing. No joy. :confused:

I'm thinking, end of a seat rail or something from under the seat, but can't see similar on the passenger side.
Could it not be something the Hoover had previously picked up that had become lodged and then worked loose as You used it on the car? Incidently these Saturday nights are packed with real high end fun under lockdown don't Ya think! :D

MrDeeJay

Apr 14, 2018
Scotland
Could it not be something the Hoover had previously picked up that had become lodged and then worked loose as You used it on the car? Incidently these Saturday nights are packed with real high end fun under lockdown don't Ya think! :D

LOL.. I hope not, it's doin my nut in.

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK

That was the only thing I could think of and rather sadly went out to specially look lol.
Nope, nothing like that in the car I could see.

GazmaN

Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
I’m not sure why but I will be upset if we don’t get identification here.
Same here, I saw the word "challenge" and could not help myself. Intetesting way of spending a Sunday morning. Found I'm pretty flexible still, wife found me twisted upside down in the footwell with legs and arms all over the shop and asked me 'what's with the car yoga?". Kid just saw me in a compromising position and starts tickling my ribs. Women are evil.

Anyway, I've been everywhere and convinced that bit of plastic ain't part of an N.

Feb 15, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Nope. One of the first things I looked at. Wait, you just posted that to lure me back outside while you sit in the comfort of your lounge room, didn't you? No sir, I have your measure. My search was thorough. I even opened the sunglass / taco holder and had a poke around.
Gave me a good laugh! 😂 I tried looking in my own car for something similar and did a bunch of perusing through a ton of parts catalogs for trim pieces.

• Wow
Reactions: GazmaN