• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Text messages

Steve3

Nthusiast
Sep 29, 2018
North West
Hi all. My phone connects to the car fine, but I don't get notification of text messages coming in. Phone is an S7 Galaxy. Am i missing something? TIA

I'm using BT. Seems odd if it's not possible for it to work this way. My old car with much older tech did it no problem

Just to clarify on this.....
There is no way for texts to come through or be shown on screen when connected via BT?
Is so then thats a bit rubbish!

Reactions: speedking
I've found an app that may make it possible.....fingers crossed.

eCID - Enhanced SMS & Caller ID

Just to follow up for the few that are bothered, the above app (on Android) works perfectly. Its a paid for app but its a small amount.

It basically uses Google Text to Speech engine and announces incoming text messages and then reads them out to you. You can then dictate a reply if needed.

Its not perfect but a very cool workaround.

My wife's Yaris displays incoming SMS on the dash display screen. Android phone connected through Bluetooth, no Android Auto etc.

Should this happen in the i30N? Can it be made to happen?

It should be a standard feature on a modern car in this day and age but doesn't seem to be allowed in this car.......annoying. I can't even remember the last car I had that didn't allow text messages to show via bluetooth. Hyundai are waaaay behind on this.

You can get them if the phone is connected via cable (apparently, I've never tried. Defeats the point of having Bluetooth imho)