• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning TDI Tuning 0-100 Acceleration

Of course you don't want to bang off the redline, but shift points based on the torque curve and diff/final drive ratios brings shift points for most gears a little before redline.

I managed best time of 6.2secs from 0-100kmh when changing through third (using onboard acceleration timer). Does not feel right to force the revs in second gear to reach 100 kmh.

Also on the race track or highway (>100kmh) it is more efficient to change to third around 5.5K ;)).
I reached just shy of 65mph before I changed into 3rd yesterday 6,700rpm. I think the limiter is 6,750 it should easily reach 62mph without having to change into 3rd, the time taken to change into 3rd with the loss of throttle input as you ease off to change up means it's bound to result in a slower time to 62mph if you don't hang on to the lower gear until hitting 62.

Last edited: