• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine SXTH Element Engineering intake

I spoke to them on IG. He stated that he will make a heat shield for it in the next couple weeks
B862B8E5-FF27-4C44-BDA9-3ECF7C63B2F6.jpeg
I think you mean heat box.. they clearly stated in this post they don’t believe a heat shield is effective but will have the closed unit available for “noise reduction at a higher cost”.

Reactions: simmo777
This^, even the filter inclosure and box snorkel is an unknown after thought. Just like the entire intake has been.

It's as if, SXTH is reluctant to even build the; filter inclosure and box snorkel from the original design. Let the customer determine and decide what they'll spend, just make it available. It can be built as the orders are received. Just make sure they build in a lead time for production. Main thing here is; "Either crap or get off the pot." ;)

They're never going to know or realize, until the unit is produced and ready to purchase. Making excuses and pessimistic comments about their own design, is not they way to promote or offer the product.:rolleyes: It's best not to say anything, then what they've alluded to above in their own IG comments.
I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation.:p

Last edited:
I saw the post. He's looking at the forums for feed back View attachment 8378
I gave him some feedback and this was his response
Not holding my breath.. I would gladly purchase their other products that they’ve obviously put the time and money into developing. But as stated above this whole intake seems like an after thought and unless his price severely cuts the competition and the power gains can be replicated I’ll most likely be taking my money else where.

Hello and thank you for the email.

We will be dyno testing our non-CPLT box version (open Element air filter for all the noises) here in the next 6-7 days when a bracket prototype shows up.

The CPLT box version needs some more tweaking and will be about 3-4 more weeks before we can iron out those kinks with more prototypes.

Engineering Dept.
SXTH Element Engineering
www.sxthelement.com

Last edited:
Intake will be available for preorder 329 shipped available soon. Also said he’s waiting on prices for the heatshield and enclosed unit eta is still pretty far

Reactions: N Faded oD