• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suzuki Swift Sport

eddie_gt4

Nthusiast
Jun 6, 2018
Vilnius, Lithuania
tested one today and if in just few words: amazing little car!
in yellow looks fantastic, imho

so light and nimble, but at the same time so spacious inside (I'm not a small guy and usually have problems with getting comfy in small(er) cars)
punchy engine, strong brakes, good visibility, nice seats

my main concerns: high driving position, not quite precise gearbox, maybe slightly too-light steering and glossy / plastic insert in the steering wheel... and stock exhaust definitely needs to be changed / upgraded (too silent)

Attachments

• 20180926_134754 - Copy.jpg
    20180926_134754 - Copy.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180926_134808 - Copy.jpg
    20180926_134808 - Copy.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: rusty696
I was looking at the stats, power to weight is pretty impressive... how does it handle?

I really enjoyed it!
It was a short drive (too short to really get used with a car), but it handles nicely - very good balance between stiffness and comfort

Reactions: paul-h
I had my old sport for nearly 9 years and I love that damn car. Suzuki were great to deal with, reliability was fab, and it’s got bags of character. It was worth every single penny I paid for it. It’s not the fastest, noisiest, sportiest etc etc but it’s just loadsa fun. Mine was the last of the 1.6, and I had a go with the 1.4 turbo and it wasn’t too shabby. My only gripe in all the time I had one was seat squeak, a well known fault, but they replaced them with no issues. Also the noise and the rattles, but I think the build quality has got better and I’d say it’s no worse than any other brand. Cheap and cheerful, good run around.

Only reason I didn’t buy again? 5 doors.

@eddie_gt4 They’ve gone up in price a lot, I paid under £12000 for mine new, but the new ones are £17000? Good deals to be had though, I got a dealer offer through for £14500. Fiestas aren’t my bag, I didn’t even look when I bought mine.

Randomly - watch out for the tyres and the spark plugs. If they’re the same size as mine they were absolute pigs to get hold of o_O I think of the tyres are the same size, Yokohama does them too, but the first time I got a flat I couldn’t even order a new tyre anywhere :oops:

I used to have a ZC31 which was great in some aspects (raw feeling; engine great; brakes decent) and not so great in others (brutal suspension with awful one dimensional damping; steering very one weighted and no feel; roll due to its tall design).

I still owned it when the latest, ZC33 came out (later '17 if i recall), but I thought it (the ZC33) looked ugly, and in the UK at the time, was priced way too high.
As time went by, again in the UK, they ditched the pure petrol version of this, and put on a mild hybrid...and made it heavier, a second slower to 60mph and jacked the price up (again) to an even sillier value.

When I think of the Swift Sport and its 'evolution', it seems an almost textbook exercise on self inflicted automobile harm, all but destroying what was once a half decent car.

Reactions: GazmaN