• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Stuck on Hyundai Logo after update

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
There is a reset button on the head unit in most all Hyundai's. You have to look at your owners manual and it will tell you where it's located. Look to the lower portion of the facia on the right or left side near the adjust knobs. If it's not there, it will be on the back in the slot where the map card is located. Please refer to your owners manual, as I'm not sure where it is for the i30N specifically.

Use a pen or stylus, press and hold it with the head unit on. This should reset the system and allow it to function as normal.

Last edited:

EricCartman

Jul 16, 2018
Germany
There is a reset button on the Head unit s in most Hyundai's. You have to look at your owners manual and it will tell you where it's located. Look to the lower portion of the facia on the right or left side near the adjust knobs. It it's not there, it will be on the back in the slot where the map card is located. Please refer to your owners manual as I'm not sure where it is for the i30N specifically.

Use a pen or stylus, press and hold it with the head unit on. this should reset the system and allow it to function as normal.
Already tried.. Still frozen on hyundai Logo

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
First off don't worry, it's not bricked. If it was, you wouldn't get anything. It's a problem with the Navigation Firmware upload. I've read about this time and time again on other Hyundai Forums. Our VN does not utilize any navigation except that which is available thru carplay or the Android equal. However, both our Hyundai Kona and Genesis G80 did.

Turn off the unit, pull the navigation SD card and turn the unit on again to see if it will function. Generally, when you do an update and if there is an error in the upload, it won't allow the unit to boot up for protection.

Even with a new SD Card and firmware update, there will sometimes be problems within the firmware itself. The worst case scenario is; you'll have to take it to your dealer and have them unlock the unit with a special flash drive and then have them do the update again.

For those who are hesitant about doing the update by yourself, have the dealership service do it for you. They have the means to unlock the head unit if it locks due to an error in the firmware.

MNSoft our Navigation Card Firmware provider, has release bad programing before. When this happen, they provide us with a flash drive that unlocks the headunit and allows new update firmware to be uploaded.

The only other thing I can recommend is to re-download the update as before, making sure you follow the instruction to the letter. Then try to upload it to the SD card as before.

Personally, I'd schedule a service and take it to the dealership. Let them fix the issue.

Last edited:

EricCartman

Jul 16, 2018
Germany
First off don't worry, it's not bricked. If it was, you wouldn't get anything.

Pull the navigation SD card and turn the unit on again to see if it will function. Generally, when you do an update and there is an error in the upload, it won't allow the unit to boot up for protection.
I already tried (and not working):
- Battery disconnected
- without any SD card
- with update card
- with Navi card
- reset pin
:/..

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
Was the SD card you used to do the software update a new one or one you had spare? I'd reformat again and copy the software to it again and retry the update. I take it that you unpacked the rar file without any issues and it copied to the SD card ok? Try another SD card with the software on it. Good luck.

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
It just dawned on me to ask you, to make sure the write protection is not locked on the navigation SD card. If it is, it's not going to accept any files or upload either.