• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Speed Limit on Dash

jackluker

Jan 28, 2018
Hi all,

So I picked up my N a couple of days ago and am loving every minute of it! It’s a truly fantastic car and has fulfilled every expectation I had!

I’ve got a quick question though. I’ve seen in the manual that you can have the speed limit displayed on the little screen on the dash. There should be an option in settings under Driving Assist to enable it however I’ve not got this option.

Was just wondering if anyone has managed to enable this on theirs?

On mine it was just on when I got the car, but it should be in the driver assistance menu.

Welcome,

ive not seen this in the sub menu's yet but ill keep an eye out.

WG plate, you must be from somewhere in the SouthWest?

Torquay, not too far away.

theres a few of us building up in the south now, will have to sort a meet out in the future.

Is there any way to enable the speed limit sign on the small screen in the gauge cluster? Mine only shows the speed limit on the nav.

Reactions: Stash-N
Not that simple. I believe it's down to government regulations. UK won't allow any cars to use SLIF.

Ok - I have my car set to use German and the setting is at the bottom labled: Tempolimit Info - when I deselect the setting, the SLIF display goes away on the console only. Selecting it again, it comes back.

Reactions: MrDeeJay
Ok - I have my car set to use German and the setting is at the bottom labled: Tempolimit Info - when I deselect the setting, the SLIF display goes away on the console only. Selecting it again, it comes back.

Can you list the menu functions you use to get into that please @BadShadd . I've checked through mine and can't find it. I may be missing it somewhere.

Cheers

:oops: It's ok.. I see it in the manual. I'll check it later today.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Tucson offers it. Maybe the original SLIF doesn't meet UK specifications.
Hopefully a software update can make it compliant and we'll get a call :rolleyes:

Vauxhall Astra has SLIF.

Yes, so do Land rover bmw etc, What I mean is, there may be different specifications, different systems that are, or are not, approved for use. Vauxhall is TSR (traffic sign recognition) bmw is "intelligent vision" or something like that...Sh*t name..:p

Reactions: BadShadd