• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Speed Limit on Dash

Hi all,

So I picked up my N a couple of days ago and am loving every minute of it! It’s a truly fantastic car and has fulfilled every expectation I had!

I’ve got a quick question though. I’ve seen in the manual that you can have the speed limit displayed on the little screen on the dash. There should be an option in settings under Driving Assist to enable it however I’ve not got this option.

Was just wondering if anyone has managed to enable this on theirs?

Is there any way to enable the speed limit sign on the small screen in the gauge cluster? Mine only shows the speed limit on the nav.

BadShadd

Another software controlled item for the dealership to turn on? If 'Yes', we'll have a nice list for new owners to changed on pickup day.

BadShadd

Not to start a heated discussion, but I see it's offered on a UK Tucson. Is just the SLIF display in the console the limitation?

BadShadd

Ok - I have my car set to use German and the setting is at the bottom labled: Tempolimit Info - when I deselect the setting, the SLIF display goes away on the console only. Selecting it again, it comes back.

MrDeeJay

Ok - I have my car set to use German and the setting is at the bottom labled: Tempolimit Info - when I deselect the setting, the SLIF display goes away on the console only. Selecting it again, it comes back.

Can you list the menu functions you use to get into that please @BadShadd . I've checked through mine and can't find it. I may be missing it somewhere.

Cheers

:oops: It's ok.. I see it in the manual. I'll check it later today.

Last edited:

MrDeeJay

Interesting that the Tucson offers it. Maybe the original SLIF doesn't meet UK specifications.
Hopefully a software update can make it compliant and we'll get a call :rolleyes:

MrDeeJay

Vauxhall Astra has SLIF.

Yes, so do Land rover bmw etc, What I mean is, there may be different specifications, different systems that are, or are not, approved for use. Vauxhall is TSR (traffic sign recognition) bmw is "intelligent vision" or something like that...Sh*t name..:p