• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Someone using Lithiumax or Liteblox?

m0LN4rius

Nthusiast
Jan 9, 2021
Germany
Hello N drivers around the world,

I am searching on the internet for N drivers, who are using Lithiumax or Liteblox Batteries and want to share your experience?
I find Information and user experience for almost every car out there, but nobody for the i30N and I am a little sceptical now.

Or is maybe someone using some other lightweight Battery brand?

Have a nice afternoon, or morning.

Hello N drivers around the world,

I am searching on the internet for N drivers, who are using Lithiumax or Liteblox Batteries and want to share your experience?
I find Information and user experience for almost every car out there, but nobody for the i30N and I am a little sceptical now.

Or is maybe someone using some other lightweight Battery brand?

Have a nice afternoon, or morning.

Gonna get a LiteBlox LB20XX for my N around the end of April.
Main thing to look out for is how long the car can be parked before the battery gets drained.
I'm gonna get mine for the weight and space saving as well as for the built in theft protection!

I am loking for ones which are located or are shipping to Europe, if there are some problems or warranty reasons - also there is a huge Tax for Import Batteries, around 5%+19%

There is a new generation of Lithiumax Race7+ and Restart7 coming in april/May
it has 2,5kg - BMS and delcared as 45/48Ah EqPb / 2 Years Warranty
- With import tax and shipping from Australia it would cost ca. 550Euros, but If I happen to have Warranty problem I can ship it bach to Australia, which is a pain in the assss.

The LB20xx is declared as 35-50Ah (Pb-eq) / 5 Years Warranty and costs 1200Euros and amazing support I heard.
+ it has security features as theft protection, which I find useful for my Project C

I can not decide, I also contacted Lithiumax in germany which said, there are some problems with startstop and regenerating the OPF, programming with the Race7+ and should take the bigger Restart9.

There is a possible problem if I turn of the car and if it has wrong programming it could drain the Battery while OPF Regeneration would be running. Ofc I want to use it as a daily battery for 10-20 Miles (20-30km) per day.

I would want to know how much Amps does the OPF regeneration use. I do not know if it is regeneration or cooling down of the CAT, but 3-4 times a year if I turn off my car, the Fans are still spinning for 2-3 minutes and something is hapening.

On my diesel it hapens 1-2 times (DPF Euro6d Temp) a Year and can take up to 5-10 minutes.

Are there other options which are under 3kg and have 45+ EqPb Rating?

PS: One other guy from a Store said, If the car has OPF, I should take the stronger LB28xx which has 25% more Capacity than the 20xx and weights only 0,3kg more 50-65Ah (Pb-eq)

I would want to know how much Amps does the OPF regeneration use. I do not know if it is regeneration or cooling down of the CAT, but 3-4 times a year if I turn off my car, the Fans are still spinning for 2-3 minutes and something is hapening.

This is heat soak prevention if I'm correct. When your car is moving the engine is naturally cooled by the air passing through the grille.
When you stop using the car it is no longer being passiely cooled which results in the engine radiating heat it has built up during use all over the engine bay.
This results in the car heating up even more than during peak use which can degrade components in the engine bay and/or the engine itself.

Friend of mine has a litebox fitted but he has only just done it

@m0LN4rius legendary member @TarmoT based in Poland fitted a LiteBlox to his beast. He has since sold the car but still drops in here from time to time - might be worth sending him a PM for a chat about it. He's a bank of knowledge.

Reactions: Bu11eT
Well, because of Brexit there is no Europe shop for the Litiumax, so I ordered two pieces directly from Australia and should be here in May.
It is half the price of the Liteblox LB20xx and should have 18Ah nominal 48PbEq, which is more like the LB28xx.
Price with Import tax should be around 700.-Euro, I will test it and report back to you.

Reactions: loboo