• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Snowy, Snowball, Snowbell the White 250N

Impressions.. Awesome! It’s literally the most noticeable improvement you can do to your N for $30-$40. Best thing being: There’s no noticeable NVH! Perhaps I had been deafened by the RMMs designed for the Ford Focus, which were notorious for extremely harsh NVH, that I just don’t notice it anymore haha.

Reactions: R Veloster N
I'm alive! Sorry to those I haven't responded to. I've just been lurking in here for awhile. It's been a pretty wild year and half for myself and the car for a number of reasons that are probably obvious, with everything going on in the world.

I'll try to keep it short and sweet on where I've been:

August, I went on leave to drive cross-country to my home state (NM to NC) to have my wedding! In that ~1,700 mile trek, a flat piece of metal destroyed the sidewall of one of my tires when I was driving through highway construction 😭. It was just bad luck! it was flat, black and blended with the road perfectly. I didn't even know it was there until I saw it through my rear view mirror flying up into the air. Not only did it destroy a pretty pricey tire (Michelin Pilot Super Sport), it almost delayed the big day! I was lucky to have pulled off only a mile away from a Walmart with an Auto Service, who set me up with tires at NO CHARGE to get me on my way. The tires weren't exact (225/45/18 vs 225/40/18 O.E) and were pretty cheap but they were what got me home in time, so of course I am still extremely and forever grateful. I was home for wedding and I couldn't of been happier.

Now the big move! After returning to NM, we started the process of moving from our apartment into a house almost immediately. We were coming back with four dogs now in tow 😱, so it was obvious we couldn't stay at our apartment and now needed a yard.

So things seemingly started to slow down, Summer ended, Fall came and went and we had our holidays. But then came the BIG 2020. I'm in the military, so I'll leave it to everyone's imagination to how things have been going for me during these times. On another front, I've been accepted for a re-class! Soon I'll be moving again to who-knows-where, going from fixing planes to computers. Exciting stuff. 😅

With everything happening as they have, I think it is to no one's surprise that I've had little time to treat my car. She's still sitting pretty with her slightly taller, Walmart tires but rest assured I've kept up with regular maintenance (aside from rotating tires of course) and cleaning. I'm up to the 20k mile mark! I still go on spirited drives, but now through the mountains.

IMG_3673 (1).JPG

Anyway back to plans, plans, plans. I have to stray away from performance parts for the moment because all of the above reasons and their financial implications. Tires are still a priority, but I'm still not sure as to what route I should take.

I'm thinking I could save a ton of money buying a single, used MPSS (~$90-100) that matches the tread ware of my spare from the accident (~6k miles of use). Of course I'd still need to factor in the tread from my remaining two tires that are still on the rears of my car, my hope being that because their mileage have been mostly highways and no hard braking whatsoever, that they still are in good shape.

Another idea was to spend a little more on two new MPSS tires (~$400 for both) and swap the rears into the forward.

My only other idea was to spend just a bit more than that to wrap my wheels into a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s (~$500 for all four) which seems like the more responsible thing to do.

Open to suggestions!

For purely cosmetic reasons, and because they're projects I can complete easily by myself, I'm thinking I'll be making the switch to the all mesh grill from CustomCarGrills along with wrapping my roof and trunk in a high gloss carbon fiber and then spicing it up by rebadging with these rose gold N's that I found on eBay
Custom-Mesh-Grille-For-Hyundai-Veloster-N-2019.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Another thing I would love to get my hands on is this carbon front lip from a South Korean company called Parts of Kan-Z that fits in place of the stock one, but that'll be something for the future as it's pretty costly for me at the moment.
5.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: R Veloster N
I'm alive! Sorry to those I haven't responded to. I've just been lurking in here for awhile. It's been a pretty wild year and half for myself and the car for a number of reasons that are probably obvious, with everything going on in the world.

August, I went on leave to drive cross-country to my home state (NM to NC) to have my wedding! In that ~1,700 mile trek, a flat piece of metal destroyed the sidewall of one of my tires when I was driving through highway construction 😭. It was just bad luck! it was flat, black and blended with the road perfectly. I didn't even know it was there until I saw it through my rear view mirror flying up into the air. Not only did it destroy a pretty pricey tire (Michelin Pilot Super Sport), it almost delayed the big day! I was lucky to have pulled off only a mile away from a Walmart with an Auto Service, who set me up with tires at NO CHARGE to get me on my way. The tires weren't exact (225/45/18 vs 225/40/18 O.E) and were pretty cheap but they were what got me home in time, so of course I am still extremely and forever grateful. I was home for wedding and I couldn't of been happier.

Now the big move! After returning to NM, we started the process of moving from our apartment into a house almost immediately. We were coming back with four dogs now in tow 😱, so it was obvious we couldn't stay at our apartment and now needed a yard.

So things seemingly started to slow down, Summer ended, Fall came and went and we had our holidays. But then came the BIG 2020. I'm in the military, so I'll leave it to everyone's imagination to how things have been going for me during these times. On another front, I've been accepted for a re-class! Soon I'll be moving again to who-knows-where, going from fixing planes to computers. Exciting stuff. 😅

With everything happening as they have, I think it is to no one's surprise that I've had little time to treat my car. She's still sitting pretty with her slightly taller, Walmart tires but rest assured I've kept up with regular maintenance (aside from rotating tires of course) and cleaning. I'm up to the 20k mile mark! I still go on spirited drives, but now through the mountains.

View attachment 12586
Holy shit, wow!! You're back!! I was worried you'd been posted to a combat zone and KIA or something. Great to hear you're alive, had epic adventures, and massive congrats sir :)

Reactions: yeahmanitsmurph

View attachment 12586
Congratulations Murphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤗😁 My wife and I have been married 46 year this year, both of us are retired military. Keep your promises my good troop, it works.:)

Read; Mark 10:7-9

Number 6:24-26;
images

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you ;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,

And give you peace.

What AFSC are you moving into? Have they given you a school date or you going DDA? PM me, if you don't want to post it openly, I fully understand and stay in touch. Enjoy the move Murphy and never forget, "you're an Aircraft Maintenance puke!!" Maintenance Men make'em fly, pilots make'em die!! 1024px-Shield_of_the_United_States_Air_Force_Special_Operations_Command.svg.png

Murph, I know what we make as a soldiers pay, so it all depends upon what you have. If you need help, ask. It's there if you need it.
set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s (~$500 for all four) which seems like the more responsible thing to do.
This is probably your best bet, being the others are fairly well worn. You don't need the height differential. Again, however, it all has to do with what you have. You've got a wife, family and bigger responsibility then you've every had up to this point. Just keep them in mind first.

I'm really overjoyed for you both, SSgt or is it TSgt now? Keep studying & excelling at the requirements and you'll be a MSgt sooner than you think. My wife, was one of the 12 outstanding during her tenure. So we've been there, done that.
I'll be rooting for you! If you every need a WAP's study proctor for testing, just shoot me an email.👍Also, keep in mind an Inter Service Transfer with, "Space Command." Wish I'd have had the opportunity. Could be much quicker potential for rank, pay & allowances, along with stationing.;)

Cheers to the Bride and Groom!1587588074429.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: yeahmanitsmurph